Thursday, September 30, 2021

Who is da boss?

Ever notice which cat is usually the aggressor? 

At my place, it is almost always Rubia, the younger, smaller, female kitty, who "starts things" with The Prisoner, the older, larger male.

This morning on the deck rail, he was up there, princely, when she leapt up (see, she really is herself again!) and proceeded to thump him on the head.

Where did the last week go?

In case anyone is wondering, yes, the mini-rebellion has lingered.  Still not convinced it's over.  But it is showing signs of waning, just a bit.  Managed to avoid going to the grocery store on "urges" for things not good for me, and managed to bring home only one not so great choice at a time when I did slip at the store.  Kept my appointment with the trainer on Tuesday, and again this morning.  Made a huge pot of soup yesterday, and partook of that, since I was tired of salads.

This morning's glimmer of hope was the e-mail from the Health Department offering to schedule my Covid-19 booster (i.e. shot #3), so I slotted that in for next Wednesday.  I did not expect it to come so soon.  Today would mark 6 months since I got shot #2... and I figured I might wait a month or so, and wait my turn.  Apparently, it's already my turn.  I am thinking that so many folks got their shot #3 through a pharmacy already, and the health department has already run through everybody older than I in the first week!

A few of y'all have been poking me, since I haven't been blogging

and I want to say "thank you"... you keep me honest!  Almost Spark-ly, this has been.  

Kid sis was on the road and forgot

to give me a "safe arrival" at home message, so I stewed a bit... not much, as our mom used to tell us that "no news is good news" and I was thinking:  well, if something really horrid happened, her hubby would have called me.  Next day, after I poked her with a text, she confirmed all went according to plan and all were home safe!  But I totally get that she had people around her... and letting her "mother hen" sister know was lower on her priority list than getting them all sorted.

Wishing all a good weekend ahead!

Even if I'm not here every day, I'm still pulling for ALL of us to keep the Spark alive in our hearts and in our life-styles.  Little breaks are not a show-stopper.  So let's end September best can do, and move into a Fresh New Month... October is tomorrow already!  Life is good... let's go live it!✨💖💖🎇🎇🔥

27 comments:

  1. Although I do get my cardio walk almost every day, I can certainly relate to a mini-rebellion in the healthy eating department!! As you know, I had a reaction to Injection #3....it did last 2 days...but today I am totally fine. None of my friends that have received #3 have had any side effects...let’s hope that you’ll sail right thru! Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As with so many things about Covid, the shots have varying effects on us, so giving ourselves a time "cushion" is a good thing.

      Delete
  2. The flu shot arms hurts loads more that the COVID one. Yes, I'm nuts but I got both at once. The scientist in me!
    I love the cat picture. What a good shot to get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our tiny little one-eyed white 6 lb cat is almost always the instigator, with anyone in the house. Vanna is the self-appointed One In Charge around here. She bosses all of us around (liberal use of chirps to indicate approval or disapproval or issue orders), and keeps An Eye on us.

    Soup sounds good. Rolling with the rebellion in order to keep overall momentum sounds good too.

    I’m heading into a series of medical procedures for the next week or so that I’m not looking forward to, starting tomorrow. Oh well. Better to do these things than deal with potentially really bad life threatening things later. 🤷‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a tough job being the "top cat" but someone has to do it! Go, Vanna!

      Good luck with the medical stuff!

      Delete
  4. I love October, my favorite month!! 👻💀🎃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh? Any particular reason? A birthday? Or just the spooky season!

      Delete
  5. Keep On Keeping On (KOKO) at your chosen speed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good advice... adjust the pace to fit the body and mind willingness, but keep on!

      Delete
  6. Happy October. Mother Nature kisses the trees and makes them blush with beautiful colors. Have a Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rabbit 🐇 rabbit 🐇
    Oh, those kitties!
    ❤️🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reminding me, and oh darn, I forgot again, for another month! LOL

      Delete
    2. Hugs for the rabbit! 🐇 Happy first of the month!

      Delete
  8. I agree.

    And of the ones in my list who are blogging, few of them take advantage of the ability to reply to comments and have conversations there - which is actually a huge improvement over what we had in SP..

    Of those, an even smaller subset bother to visit the blogs of their commenters, and leave reciprocal comments.

    In this new post-SP world, there are no “points” to gameify and encourage people to post, or comment. Instead, the currency is engagement.

    Some people seem to be learning this faster than others. OKM gets it, as do you. But it looks like not everyone is adapting as readily.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think The Prisoner might have said a snide remark to Rubia . Take care .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you sticking to your guns most of the shopping times. Sometimes it is the best way, after all this is life. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Learning to forgive yourself and get back at it, because of what's important (your health)... well, some of us took a loooong time to learn that skill!

      Delete
    2. Still trying to learn that one ✋

      Delete
  11. Somehow, knowing her personality, I see more "imp" than "priestess"! LOL! She's been a bit of a firecracker since kittenhood. Very pushy about giving humans attention.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You kind of have to set up the notifications to keep the conversations going on the blogs of others, but it's fairly automatic among the comments on your own blog entries.

    ReplyDelete
  13. True.

    You’d also think someone might at least revisit their own blogs when writing the new one, just to see if anyone has commented, and at that point reply to some of their comments.

    There is one blogger in particular I’m thinking of who has been kind of begging for comments and yet never responds to them, either on her own posts or anyone else’s! 😂

    In a case like that it’s hard to know how much of that is a problem with technical expertise, and how much is a result of expecting to bask in the attention of comments the way she did at SP, where comments were rewarded with “points,” and engagement wasn’t necessary, in order to get attention. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good timing on getting that photo of Rubia mid-whack! My two will perch on different levels of their cat condo and bat at each other, but they take turns being the instigator.

    Thanks for taking the time to check in. I do love soup weather, and snuggling in. With the loss of Spark, I'm not really finding a place where I feel that I fit in, but so far I'm mudding through. No movement of note on the scale in either direction, which I always say is a sign that I will be able to maintain when I find that healthy-for-me weight.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awwww, glad to see Rubia is back to herself again.

    Yeah for soup. My favorite meal this time of the year.

    Good luck w/the booster. WE are getting ours Saturday. It will be 6 mths. for us. I will be glad to have it over.

    Awwwww, glad that your sis got home safely.


    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't believe the luck of getting the hit for a picture. I had two cats a long time ago and one would nag the other all the time.

    I'm so glad you're getting the booster. I'm so glad I got mine.

    ReplyDelete

Work in progress

 The woodpecker situation, work in progress At this point in the process, Jeremy the handyman had removed three smallish pieces of the sidin...