Thursday, May 23, 2024

Wednesday puppy proofing projects

 

Remember the debates the past few years over "what is this plant"?

I still don't know for sure, but on the chance that it might be wisteria, which is poisonous to dogs, and seeing Ember going after whatever blossoms she can reach, after she came back from her walk over excited, I put her in her "den" and I tackled taking this one out.

She can't get poisoned by what she can't eat!

Before all of that, we had our morning routine:  feed the cat, feed the puppy, take puppy on a leash walk, and that's when puppy in the back yard decided to play tug/chew on Mommy.  Again.  Mommy was having none of it, took the scruff and collar and schlepped puppy into a time out, where she stayed for over an hour while I did the outside work.

When I let her out again, we went outside briefly, then came in and she started pulling on the underside of the couch.  Sigh.  That was another puppy proofing project I had on my list but hadn't got to yet.

Over the years, with various pets, I have gradually snipped off the fiberglass fabric that had concealed the springs.  I seem to remember when Prisoner and Patches (another cat) were kittens, they started in on it.  Even Diamond (13 years gone) had a paw and some teeth in this game.

So, Ember goes back into the "den", Mom removes the slip covers and cushions, and flips the couch to work on it again.  The photo is part-way through today's work.

When I got done, I put it back together again, cushion, slip cover and pet protective cover.

At this point the day just kept getting busier, and I was too bushed to finish the blog!

Life is Good... and will continue as time allows... Spark on!

8 comments:

  1. Phew! Wore me out reading this. I hope you get the chew on Mom thing finished before you need a blood transfusion...

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! Anyway, it's Thursday, another new day! Onward!

      Delete
  2. Ah it's amazing what puppies find enticing. Good you took the plants out if there is even a suspicion that it could be harmful to Ember.

    What is it about the underside of a couch that is enticing to fur babies???? Mr. Spot and my Miss Brigit were into that, too. So far, Miss Lilly has not gone for it. Fingers crossed.

    HUGS and hope it's a good evening.

    barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your Miss Lilly never discovering this "hobby", too!

      Breathe, Barb (both Barbs), remember to breathe...

      Delete
  3. There's something to be said for the independence of cats. 😼
    Have you considered buying stock in BAND-AID? 🩹
    Wishing you a happy and wound free Friday! πŸ€—πŸ’–πŸ˜ΈπŸΆ

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I buy the knock-off store brand of bandages... price difference being what it is... the name brand "plasters" (as the Brits call them) don't last any longer. They just cost more!

    Thanks for the Friday wishes... I pray they come true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Oscar chewed blankets and afghans. He would pull a small section of the material into his mouth then chew with his molars. There were perfect circles in light blankets. Of course, there were also perfect circles of material in the piles of vomit he'd eventually bring up. Dumb dog.

    ReplyDelete

Getting our amusement where we find it

  On my Friday grocery run, I purchased eggs.  When I was putting them away, I realized that the old carton had an expiration date on one ni...