Saturday, May 11, 2024

You take pictures because...

 I don't know about you, but I take pictures so that when the trying times happen (and they do)... you can look back at the sweetness, and say, "Yes, this is worth it."

This was another "up in the night cleaning out the puppy crate" kind of night.  Mommy's "poo time" math is off.  Seriously off.  

But, having done my job, and with poo cleanup laundry in the machine, both animals fed, and the gargantuan chore of convincing Little One that she has to go back into her den, despite it having that "cleaning" smell to it... I'm here and looking at a couple of photos from yesterday and thinking, "yes, this is worth it."

Ember looks "so grown up" in this photo.  I'm sure there are lots of imaginary captions one might put with it.  But I'm looking at my own face, and seeing my joy, and the fact that there has been more sun on my skin, giving it a glow it probably hasn't seen in 3 years.  And at the puppy face and thinking, "you give much more than you take, Miss Emmy Ember!"

I laid down and tried to snooze, but that didn't last more than five or ten minutes.  Got up and switched most of the dog poo laundry to the dryer.  I kept out Bunny, which is being air-dried.  Today I used the "waterless shampoo" on Ember, but I think she's going to have to have another bath in the near future, especially if I can't get the rhythm right!

I let Miss Emmy out of her den to play, we tried outside.  We did the "safe passage for the cat" drill with her having a home-frozen filling to the Pup Sickle.  Plain non-fat Greek yogurt with a blueberry added, frozen in their little freezer tray.  Took a while to put it together, as the sizing was a little uneven.  But it kept Ember busy and Prisoner got to go down to his luxury suite to check out the victuals.

I have moved the plastic kiddie pool out onto the patio for use later today.  It's supposed to get up to 80℉ this afternoon, and I'm thinking pool?  Instead of bath?

We put the little pink harness on and went on a big girl walk, but avoided other dogs / people, because... well, with the morning we'd had so far?  Did not want to press our luck.

Now I know I've only used this harness for two, count 'em two, leash walks so far, but I'm liking it.  I was worried that it wasn't sturdy enough for how big Ember will eventually get.  So I do have some tactical recommendations from Sgt. Son for a stronger harness with more potential connection points.  However, what I am seeing is that Ember is not as stressed, since she isn't choking herself when she pulls, as she does when in collar and leash.  It makes for a much less worried mom!  Plus, it seems while she does sometimes try to pull, she's more willing to listen to direction.  Or maybe it's just the magic of a beautiful Spring morning!


Now she's back in the den with her peanut butter bone for puppy nap #3.  I went outside and tackled one bin full of weeds.  Mostly I'm tackling the milkweed, since I have a LOT of it, and it is deathly poisonous to dogs.  Ember has been good about avoiding it (the live plants) so far, but I still want to take it out.  A shame because of the Monarchs using only milkweed to lay their young.  

Back inside, and onward with the day.  Little one will be stirring soon, and I want to make sure we have a success on timing soon!

Life is good.  Spark on!




6 comments:

  1. Spot on about why picture taking is so important!

    Awwww, Ember looks like a little (or big??) angel. FOR SURE they give more then they take!

    And they surely are angelic when taking their naps, aren’t they!

    Here’s to a god weekend.

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the heartstrings. She has taken over what used to be the cat's chair, which if my fuzzy memory is correct, used to be Diamond's chair.

      And yes, sleeping puppies, with their little dream barks, leg motions, and soft snores... angels for sure!

      Delete
  2. Awwwww!
    Don't forget your sun screen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "A picture's worth a thousand works." Fred R. Barnard

    ReplyDelete

X-Pen

  I finally set it up, as a test run. It's like pitching a tent.  I have set it up in a part of the back yard, on the part that is NOT n...