Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Does this make me a sod buster? Nope

 

Sod busters were the ones cutting the sod, not the ones getting delivery of it.

Right:  Monday morning, starting out, in anticipation of the sod coming "soon" but not specified when, exactly.


Above:  Monday noon, "prepped for sod".

Left:  Monday 4:30 p.m., sod started to arrive (they ran out, the rest will come tomorrow).  I watered just the back this evening.  I won't water it in the morning, anticipating the arrival of the rest of the sod, and then I will water per his instructions.

Gee the yard looks big from this camera angle!

They tell me it needs to be watered 3 times a day and not mowed for 3 weeks.  It's going to get mighty long in the middle during those 3 weeks, as they already skipped mowing last week.


Meanwhile, on the inside, this is the state the shower conversion project was left in overnight Monday to Tuesday.  The blue object on the shower floor is a fan, which was left blowing overnight.  

New drywall is in, and two coats of "mud".  A third layer will be applied on Tuesday, before the shower walls get installed.

Tuesday's start

My eyes opened at about 3 a.m.  Sigh.  This is about an hour earlier than "normal",  I thought about trying to force another hour of sleep, and decided not.  Shower, etc., then a little online puttering before heading down to the dance of the animals.

We made it through that pretty well, ending with Ember fed, walked, played with toys, etc., and into her "safe space" before Josh arrived for the indoor work.  Prisoner ate his entire breakfast and was safely back outside in the same time frame.  I got my own breakfast cooked and consumed, as well.  And it's laundry day:  two loads in progress.

Meanwhile, turns out I had NOT turned off the sprinkler system, but armed it to go automatic.  It was on the last station in the front side of the house when I noticed.  So at this point, I turned it off.  Nate showed up not too long after that and set it up to water 3 times a day, 4 a.m., noon, and 7 p.m., both front and back.  Don't know when the "overseeding" part of the operation will happen, but whenever it does, the new seed will get the same watering protocol as the sod for these three weeks.  Anyway, I am now partially educated about the controls... there was something deep in the recesses of memory from when it used to work before.

Life is good!  Spark on.

14 comments:

  1. Yay that your sprinklers are done, ready to water three times a day, saving you another thing to do.

    Just imagine, when everything is finished, you'll have a more functional and enjoyable home!! And even with all your regular chores, you'll feel very close to being a lady of leisure as it'll be less hectic and Ember will be that little bit closer to well-trained maturity.

    I'm so glad for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does lift the spirits, even while it drains the bank account! Some investments are very much worth it.

      Delete
  2. To quote Freddie Prinze, in Chico and the Man,"Lookin' good!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love "the dance of the animals"! Happy watering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seemed an apt description, as there are multiple parties, patterns of movement, and the hope of harmony!

      As of 1:43 p.m., the remaining sod has still not arrived. The mowers (from the other brother's half of the busines) were unaware of the sod plans, and I had to wave them away from the back yard. They also seem unaware of plans to overseed the front yard.

      Left hand / right hand of the business not talking? I was hoping they might have some clues I lacked. Regardless, progress is being made!

      Delete
  4. Lots, and lots, and lots of projects all moving right along in a positive way….I imagine you feel wonderful, (except for the $$ part) to accomplish so many home maintenance jobs! Loved the pic of Ember and Prisoner the other day…have they played together since?
    Whew…3 AM is mighty early; I’d be ready for bed at 8! Karen (Eissa7)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about 3 a.m. being "mighty early"! I expect I will be ready for bed early, too.

      The Prisoner pretty much doesn't play with Ember, but Ember tries to play with The Prisoner, every chance she gets. Prisoner looks for an opening to flee! Mom seeks to hold Ember back so that Prisoner can indeed escape.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like things are coming along @ @ la casa de Barb, Ember and Prisoner. PHEW. Lots going on. It will be BORING when all these projects stop . . . NOT. LOL


    It will be so nice, inside and out when all the projects are completed. And I am sure that Ember and the Prisoner will be glad to be back to their normal routines . . . and you, too.

    Hang in there.

    Hugs
    Barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could use a bit of "boring" right about now. Not likely to get it, though. The sod people did not show up on Tuesday, and I had withheld watering in the morning in anticipation of their finishing the job. At 4:30 I had had it, called the landscaping outfit and said, "I'm going to water". It's 93F out there and that brand new sod is dying!

      So it's on zone 6 and going.

      Delete
  6. Caught up on the blogs and where you’re at @ la casa de Barb πŸ˜€
    See you this afternoon - if I can remember it’s Wednesday all day today πŸ˜‚. hugs and love, Ace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with the remembering! Ember has puppy class this morning, and I'm hoping she lasts through that. I took away her aggression toy (the cat tree) because she was getting it down to the staples, so, as with the can, time for it to go!

      Delete
  7. I’d like to point out how your shower “head” is in the proper place, unlike mine which was pointing directly towards the open area, aka where the shower door goes🀦🏻‍♀️
    -RunKeeper Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, that's just the pipe as it comes out of the wall. Hardware gets added to be the actual showerhead, and in that attachment, the direction can change.

      Delete

Lovable teething puppy

  What a difference a day makes!  Mommy preparing for it helps immensely! Thursday morning started much like many others.  Let the cat in an...