Tuesday, July 23, 2024

A better toy Beaver!

 

Now THIS looks like a beaver, Mom!

I could not resist, with beavers and bunnies on the brain, when I walked into Menard's this morning, in search of a chair to put out on the deck.

Looks like a chew toy to Ember!

I had to put the chair away shortly after I first put it out, because guess who could not keep her teeth off it.  She loves the beaver!

While I was out doing my errands, the phone chirped.  The plumber was ready to come out and fix what the inspector flagged.

I had time once I got home to take Ember for a short second walk up the block and back before he arrived, though.

Then I enticed her back into her den, plying her with peanut butter and whipped cream.  The plumber is now gone, and re-inspection is scheduled for Wednesday morning.  Always something, eh?


The moon wasn't quite set when Ember and I walked earlier on Monday morning.  The sun hadn't quite come up yet, either.  It was peaceful morning's walk, as summer progresses.  Days that are cool in the morning and warm but not unbearable in the afternoon are to be prized.

Tuesday morning also dawned cool and damp.  It promises to become steamy.  Ember had a nice long walk through the park and around the block, for 0.93 miles.  She showed off her good manners for other people a couple of times during the session, then did a bit of running in the back yard to complete her quota of "active" for the morning.  She fell asleep on the floor as I cooked my breakfast, and I left her there snoozing until about 8 a.m., when I lured her into her "den" so I could get ready and go have my own trainer workout.

Life is good.  Keep on Sparking!

6 comments:

  1. She seems quite at home in your new chair. No interest in the beaver? Try reverse psychology and tell her "no". That always worked for my kids. 😂😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Restraining her from entering the crate while I place her treat "way, way" at the back of it, also encourages her to want to get in there... all the way back!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful morning to go on a walk before the heat comes around. Hopefully, one more month of the hot weather and it'll start to cool down.

    Enjoy your day! (((BIG HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am already noticing the sunrise getting a minute later every day. August is almost here! Have a great Wednesday.

      Delete
  3. Ember has the most perfect and expressive Lab face….shes a beauty! Always enjoy reading about a “day in Embers home”. Karen (Eissa7)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're enjoying it. She is my little sweetheart, and that's for sure, and will be even when she gets HUGE.

      Delete

Manipulating the environment

Did I mention that trying to "manipulate the environment" so that Ember doesn't rehearse undesirable behaviors has caused me t...