Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Too much, too fast!

Oy, what a day!  Or two!  I am a poor, deprived puppy.  I have a hu-mom who escalates training too quickly, because she's learning new stuff.  Too many new things being introduced at once... like that snaky-legged tripod that came in a package on Monday afternoon.

This on top of Mom starting to video our training sessions.  Speaking of which, the training sessions are new.  Mom keeps grabbing my collar and giving me treats.  Not that I mind getting extra treats!

Monday morning during my puppy nap, the CAT came upstairs and flounced around the house and mom didn't even come downstairs when I barked and whined about it.

When she *did* come down, the cat came with her, and she let him outside before she let me out to chase him!

I almost had her convinced to leave food down for me all the time, and today, after hooking up with that online trainer, she stopped doing that.  I gobbled down my supper when she finally put it down at 3:30 p.m.  Even to get her to do that, I had to nibble on her ankles to remind her how hungry I was.

Can I get a trade-in?


Signed,

Ember


P.S. Life is still good.  And I really don't want to trade in my hu-mom!  After all, Mom did save us from that bat on Tuesday when it came up through the garbage disposal... how did it get in there, anyway?  Spark on!


10 comments:

  1. First of all . . . .a BAT in the garbage disposal! OMG.

    Just remember, Ember . . . Mom is just doing the very best for you that she can. And for Prisoner, too! Hang in there!

    hugs
    barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have since concluded that it probably came in through the sliding glass door and decided that the garbage disposal was a good cave in which to hole up. Then came up when I started fussing around the sink with the hard boiled eggs! Scared the bejesus outta me!

      I have to admit that I would make a terrible Buddhist... after I trapped it under the plastic container, knowing that there had been at least one rabid bat detected locally, I turned on the disposal. No more bat.

      Delete
  2. Poor Kitty just left a response for you on Speded2's blogspot. 🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, a bat? DH says as long as it wasn't a snake...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to your DH's comment!

      Yes, a bat. They are thick in this neighborhood. Saw the shadow of one flicker overhead this morning as Ember was taking care of business in the back yard. That's when I came up with the theory of how the bat must have flown into the house through the open sliding glass door, who knows how long before, and then holed up in the garbage disposal (that does not have a cover over its mouth) as its "cave".

      So much for leaving the door open for the dog to watch the cat on the deck rail!

      Delete
  4. Good heavens, a bat coming out of the disposal??? Wonder how high your blood pressure shot up??? We don't have bats here, but anything coming up out of the garbage disposal would have had me shrieking as I attacked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not think to measure BP, but I know I got "excited". In retrospect, it was pretty hilarious! I grabbed the flyswatter, thinking to use it to scoop the bat into the container, but Ember grabbed the flyswatter, so I just flipped the switch.

      Delete
  5. PS There was that one time I was surprised by a snake and killed it with the weed whacker...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A snake would also freak me out. I killed my son's paper snake when he was in 4th grade. Another story for another day!

      Delete

Manipulating the environment

Did I mention that trying to "manipulate the environment" so that Ember doesn't rehearse undesirable behaviors has caused me t...