Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Ember: Tuesday was a long day

Tuesday was long.  Too long a walk for me in the morning.  Two long crate naps.  

Mom gave the new snuffle bowl a second try.

This time I didn't try to shake and kill it.  Well, at least until after I got all the treats out.  And then Mommy said that thing, "time to put it away until tomorrow".  That way I know I'll see it again.

The Prisoner showing off "his corner" of the retaining wall and river rock bed.  He's looking up at me on the deck, and considering whether it's worth climbing up.


Wednesday morning I destroyed a new toy I just got on Monday.  Mommy was a little sad, because the original it was meant to replace hasn't been destroyed yet.

Mommy put me in my den while she cleaned up.  She's always doing that!

Then my soft touch of a mom went out and bought me a new toy. She seems to think I can't destroy this one as easily. 

Mommy also gave me another one of a new treat that I really liked on Monday.  Mom says this is my substitute for having a barbecue.

Mom says I'm doing really well with the noises associated with 4th of July.  But she also says that the worst of it hasn't happened yet. 

We went out for second leash walk and there were some of those pops about a block away.  One was big enough that Mom was surprised, but it didn't bother me. 

Now I'm tired and ready for puppy nap #2.

Life is Good.  I know because Mommy says so.  And she says my uncle Kevin always used to say that!  Spark on... makes sense, because I'm an Ember!

12 comments:

  1. Happy 4th of July eve! 🎇🎇

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy 4th of July eve to you, too! Come to think of it, when folks up here want to get the BIG fireworks and early, they travel down to your state to get them! I'm kind of glad my neighborhood hasn't been as nuts with them as some years. Yet. A day or two I can handle, a week of it would be a bit much!

      Delete
  2. Awwwww, good job, Ember! You're doing well. You are lucky you have your Mom to take such good care of you!

    hugs
    barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks, Miss Lilly's Mom! Lilly is a lucky lady, too!

      Delete
  3. Love Embers “take” on the day ….”Mom’s always cleaning up after me” ! Once she outgrows her puppy ways, she’ll be a total joy and a great companion! You’re doing a fine job …. Carry on! Eissa7 (Karen)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen! Funny, as much work and worry as a puppy gives us while they grow up, you can see the underlying personality that will be that great companion dog!

      Delete
  4. ALICIA363 ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's 10:32 p.m. as I type this. I got up a little after 10 to go down to the garage and turn off the automatic sprinklers since it's supposed to rain after midnight. All was quiet in Ember's little den. She in confident she's safe in there.

      The Prisoner had come out of the laundry room and looked up as I passed by and could see him down there. But he's safe down there, too. He's spent 4th of July nights outside before, and knows where the hidey holes in the neighborhood are, but I'm glad he's safe inside!

      Delete
  5. I hope your first fourth with Ember goes well.
    Has she had any of the braided rope toys? They seem to be a bit more indestructible in our canine friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we have three braided rope toys... and one that's braided rope covered by fabric (I haven't tried that one on her yet). I recently added a really long knotted braided rope as safer to me to interactively tug with her. I've been focusing on the fetch game (which she's "getting"). I am attempting to focus on one skill at a time, so I don't overwhelm her (or me)! Frustrated puppy is a nippy puppy!

      And she had been so good the past couple of days. She really does need the social aspect of meeting other people, and leash walks at a strategic time of day, puppy class, etc., play dates... all help provide that.

      See? Agile mommy brain required!

      Delete
  6. At our house we call the toy stuffing 'snow.' Oh, look it snowed in here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unlike the yellow snow one shouldn't ingest, this is white snow that one shouldn't ingest! Yes, when a puppy is teething, we get that snow!

      Delete

A quiet 4th, hoping same for the 5th

  Banana nut bread for the 4th of July! Ember took me on a third walk around 3:15 p.m.  All three walks today were "shorter", even...