Monday, July 22, 2024

A chill Sunday, although it did get warm

Somebody is still recovering from her very active Saturday with Carl.  Here you see her chilling on the couch with her hu-mom, in front of the TV.  Not sure what that is on the screen.  I flipped around a lot.

We had a couple of very good leash-manners walks.  Mom went on a grocery run in between, where she once again spent more on the animals than on her own groceries.

I brought home another toy for Ember.  The receipt says it is a beaver, but it looked like a bunny to me when I picked it.  She has three "bunnies", now.

Left to right in order of acquisition, the "blanket" bunny came with Ember when she moved in with me, back in March.  The Blue Bunny was a new thing a couple of weeks ago, as I'm investing in toys that she can chew on instead of chewing on me or the furniture.  The one on the right is new today.  

Looking at it with the perspective of what it said on the receipt, I can force cast it as a beaver, but it still looks very "bunny" to me, except for the tail.  But that tail does not scream "beaver" to me either.

I let Ember nap outside the crate after walk #2, from about noon to 2, that's when the TV watching snap was taken.  In fact, I nodded off for a few minutes during that session.

But I needed to deal with trash bags, and that is something that historically Ember has been a pill around, so I tucked her in.  She didn't want to go, but she didn't put up much of a fight, either.  I'm thinking I need to get some laundry started, too.

When I let her out again, and we had another brief afternoon time of outside the crate.  She was calm and left the kitty alone even with the sliding door open and clear line of sight to kitty's perch.

We went out and played a bit of fetch, and she did her business, both kinds before coming back in.  

I cooked and ate my own supper while she chewed on a chew stick.  

Then this happened:  she went into her crate and pulled out the pupsicle, and brought it to me.  I looked at her:  "You want me to put a dollop of whipped cream on it?"

I did so, put it back in the way back of the crate, and she trotted right in, four paws and the tail.  She's a tired puppy and ready for routine to be observed!

Life is Good!

Keep on Sparking!

10 comments:

  1. ALICIA363
    Wow, that is a tired pup! Good girl. Hope you have a Goldilocks day, with just the right amount of activity. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She woke up hungry on Monday, and ate breakfast before walkies without my having to push it at her. Then she went a little bonkers during my "poo patrol" time so got put to bed for puppy nap #1. Again, not much push-back from her. Either she's getting used to this particular timing, or she's having a "mature" day!

      Delete
  2. I have to agree – that beaver looks ‘bunny-ish’ to me, too. Cute!

    Sounds like a good day in Emberville. A tired pup is a good thing. That’s adorable that she brought her popsicle to you to be filled with whip cream! Smart girl.

    Hope it’s another good day in Emberville today.

    Hugs
    Barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every so often, they just melt your heart with some small act like that, don't they?

      Delete
  3. Awwwww, yes, that's part of their survival strategy I think!

    LOL

    barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Routine is our friend! She's so stinkin' cute sometimes. Monday, of course, whole new story. Woke up hungry, rarin' to go!

      Delete
  4. Wishing you another chill day. πŸ€—πŸ’–πŸΆπŸ±

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's down for puppy nap #2, mainly because the plumber is back to fix the issues the plumbing inspector flagged.

      Delete
  5. Aw, she's learning the right buttons to push!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skills every dog needs: "how to manipulate your human in easy steps"!

      Delete

Manipulating the environment

Did I mention that trying to "manipulate the environment" so that Ember doesn't rehearse undesirable behaviors has caused me t...