Thursday, July 18, 2024

Birthday party fun

Would you believe that I went down this slide?  Those are the birthday boy's legs coming out into the foam pit there, but I was the first one down it.  I then had trouble extricating myself from the pit!  My butt was the lowest part of my body, and I didn't have the wingspan to reach the grab bars, or the abs strength to get my legs under me.  Everyone was laughing so hard; nobody took a picture!  My son waded in and helped leverage me to my feet so I could wade my way to the ladder out!

Not bad for a 71-year-old gal!  The sign said adults should be prepared to help children out of the pit, but they didn't say anything about little old ladies.  Perhaps they don't think we do these things?

There was also a zip line (there's video but no stills).  In short, it was a lot of fun, and I didn't mind coming in last. 


The kids decided they wanted to try "soccer pool" after the golf game.  The birthday boy won at both games, golf and pool.

The birthday cake was an apricot torte, and it was deliciously worth every single calorie!

Life is good!  Keep on Sparking!


14 comments:

  1. Birthday...bravery...bravo!!! πŸ’ͺπŸΌπŸŽ‚πŸ’ž

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! If one can laugh at one's own foibles, it's a good thing, right?

      Delete
  2. Glad that you joined in the festivities and had a great time! Memorable day for all of you! I’d probably still be trying to get out of the foam pit LOL! Karen (Eissa7)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had grab bars on that pit, but I don't have the wingspan to reach them from where I landed! It was like having pillows under my legs, I was in stirrups... laughing while all this was going on did not help with concentration, either!

      Delete
  3. PHOENIX1949

    When a niece was 7 and her brother 5, they had a combined birthday party at a place similar to that. Several of us adults decided to join in the fun but quickly learned that was against the estabishment's rules. The birthday kids kept asking us to rejoin them.

    Mmm - apricot torte brought back memories of my Grandmother's apricot fried pies.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one was for all ages, and the equipment was sturdy enough to handle my 6-foot 2-inch-tall son! I'll bet your grandmother's pies were the best!

      Delete
    2. Apple, peach & apricot from trees on our rural property -- whichever one she fixed was my favorite at the time!

      Delete
    3. Awesome. Brought back memories of baking rhubarb custard from our backyard supply, and tart cherry pies from our own tree, too. There are just some memories that are worth preserving forever!

      Delete
  4. Good going, Barb, going down that slide. Ah well . . . getting a little stuck, that’s par for the course, right!?!

    Oh the apricot torte looks absolutely worth every single kcal!

    Hope DS had a very happy birthday!
    Hugs
    Barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was about as painless as it could be for one of those "over the hill" years!

      Delete
  5. Oh, how great that you joined in the fun!!! And that you had a helper to pry you out. :D

    That apricot torte, oh my gracious. I'm glad you had it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I ever do it again, I will know how to "swim" out of the foam cube pit, having watched a child do it! Live and learn, right? And yes, very glad to have a "big strapping son" to help his old mother!

      Delete
  6. Wow, I want to go there! Will they take 70 yo kids, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that can be arranged. LOL! And if took me, I'm sure they'd take you, too!

      Delete

Manipulating the environment

Did I mention that trying to "manipulate the environment" so that Ember doesn't rehearse undesirable behaviors has caused me t...