Friday, June 25, 2021

Day 19: Start your Friday with a pep talk

 

Rubia on the cat tree
Good morning!  I actually set an alarm this morning, so I would get up in time to put the trash to the curb.  I did not want it blowing away in any stray weather that would sweep through overnight!  And I was sleeping so nicely when it went off.  I rarely wake to an alarm any more... even when I set one, my body seems to decide it is time to get up a few minutes before it would go off anyway.  Not so this morning!  It would appear that my week-long "short sleeps" led to a really good sleep last night.

Now, it is a new morning.  I have been on my walk, where I mused over whether moss really does grow on the North side of the tree trunks... if it does, based on these snaps... the path in the park is not a straight north-south line!  (But then I already sort of knew that.)

West side
"South" side
"North" side

The healthy ladies in the Park
And the group of healthy ladies who have been out at various times throughout the pandemic and beyond, when I walk.  I have seen them use TRX straps in the shelter, and aerobics on the tennis court or on the grass.  The grass was wet today, so... 

And it was early morning today, walking before breakfast to escape what will be another hot, humid day.  Don't you love Summer?

Now I have to get started making sure the house is ready to host the home improvement dudes who will be showing up around noonish!  

LIFE is good!  Let's go LIVE it, today!  Spark on!💪💖



19 comments:

  1. I like those cool mornings (by comparison) for getting out and getting active! Glad you got some mild temps... it was humid here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE've had some string late afternoon and overnight, plus a little this am. Hopefully it stays away from you while your workers are in place!!What a terrific work you are doing with improving your home!! Come light a fire under DH for me here, please!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The workers called and asked if they could come a bit early... that should help!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the pep talk!! We were up and out walking early this morning as well. Heat and humidity will be building til we reach "tropical" and "steamy" by Sunday. Guess will need to set the alarm to beat the heat this weekend. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth it... to see the early part of the day.

      Delete
  4. We got ... noise and noise and noise ... and then a few drops of rain. Tillie dog was not happy with allllll the noise.

    I'm getting out and going to check out a quilt guild this afternoon ... I'm not a joiner and peopling can be ... stressful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping the quilt guild is "just your speed"... people-y enough, but not TOO people-y!

      Delete
  5. Love those women on the tennis court doing their aerobics. Good for them.

    I so prefer the early morning walks when things are quiet and the weather is cooler, though today -- our temperature @ 10:30 am is 69F. Supposed to warm up this weekend.

    HUGS and here's to a good weekend. Good luck w/the home improvement dudes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They are banging away downstairs now. I'm hiding in the office so I'm hopefully not tempted to micro-manage the project!

      Delete
  6. Sunrise and sunset are special times. Enjoyed the view of your park. I plead guilty to attempting to micro-manage home improvement projects.
    ~ PHOENIX1949

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tomorrow is sunset paddle... sunrise was great, I kind of wonder how I'll react to sunset!

      Delete
  7. I needed a pep talk today rainy day here and cloudy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I write 'em 'cause I need 'em... if you get some benefit, it makes me happy!

      Delete
  8. My lunch 'date' canceled when he got here, saying he didn't want to eat out but he had something for me. I actually walked earlier than usual to 'accommodate' this my treat for your birthday. He's weird and seems to be aging weirder. Oh well, said he come by Sunday with steaks for the BBQ. People are starting to tick me off...my kind and compassionate nature has been ruffled. Or perhaps I am aging more ruffled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or maybe it's the heat? Not getting enough sleep? We're only human, Deb! Hang in there. And Happy Birthday?!

      Delete
  9. FYI
    Sadly, comments kept crashing here on blogger. Found out I needed to clear my cache in my Google mail account and now it works. Happy park walking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, that's another bit of information to tuck into my "when people have problems commenting". If it's a cache thing that might explain why it worked for some to change browsers, or to log out of Google so they could comment anonymously. So many pieces and parts!

      Delete
  10. I’ve seen a karate class on my park walks, but I was way to chicken to attempt taking a photo of them. I also see one-on-one trainings happening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Too chicken"? Not you! I smiled, the leader gave a greeting, I said something lame like "I have to get a picture of the healthy ladies", did so, and I went on my way, not wanting to interrupt their activity. They always make me smile!

      Delete

Weekend adventures

  Saturday's culinary adventure:  a grape tomato.  It takes longer to conquer than a blueberry, and it's juicy inside.  This was her...