Thursday, June 10, 2021

Day 4: A morning cuppa Spark

 

Happy Thursday, Former Sparkers and newcomers alike!  Today's photo is my trusty SparkPeople mug being filled with my morning cuppa!  Feel free to fill your own favorite mug and start your day here!  

Figure the Spark mug brings happy memories to me, and seeing it might just trigger a few of the same for others.  Do you remember the early days, when SparkPeople had a store, and you could support it by purchasing merchandise?  That's how long this mug has been in my cupboard, and it is among my favorites not just because of that, but because it was "gifted" to me by my kid sister, ALICIA363, as you would know her from SparkPeople.  I had broken an earlier mug from Sparkpeople, posted in my blog about it, and lo and behold, a while later, this one was gifted to me.  I have three Spark mugs left, in blue, red, and orange.

I came over here and read the comments from yesterday's post.  I found some new people navigating their way over to read, and that makes my heart sing.  It's kind of like we've "graduated" or "transferred", and we're finding ways to keep in touch. 

My old routine with Spark was to log in, spin, and go search out the blogs of friends to get my morning motivational nudge!  Many of these friends were found by following their comments home to their Spark pages, reading a bit, and discovering a kindred spirit.  They live, physically, all over the world.  They were and are at different places in the journey of establishing a healthy lifestyle that supports whatever their individual needs may be!  This is the part of Spark that it's so important to me to preserve.  As solo, disjointed blogs, on many different platforms, that just might not happen... but a woman can dream, can't she?  😍

Early here, just finishing up breakfast with that cuppa, and will soon head out to start my day: check on sister #1's cats and feed them.  I have a workout with my personal trainer on tap for noon.  It's going to be a HOT day here, possibly the hottest so far this year, so I might just avoid yard work in favor of the air conditioned indoors.

Now let's go "work on it", making the best choices we can manage, this one and only Thursday, June 10, 2021 we'll ever get.  Because each of us is worth taking care of... and LIFE is good!  💗💗

30 comments:

  1. I have a Spark t-shirt, a gym bag and an apron but I don't have a mug. Back when I joined you could earn different items. It was fun. Now I am wishing I had one of those mugs. It isn't as if I needed another mug...but it must be nice to have good Spark thoughts to start your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there.. I'm trying to figure out how to subscribe or follow your blogs but I keep getting weird symbols, etc do I have to set up an account somewhere to be able to get your updates? DO you even know.. I left a message in the group too earlier this morning. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I set up my own blog page. From there, you can set up a Reading List of blogs you want to follow. When I click on Reading List, it shows me all the newest entries of the blogs I follow. I can view them all at once or narrow it down to only one blog at a time.

      Delete
  3. I do remember...have exercise videos and a few other things from way back then!! Don't overheat, my friend and don't over-people!! I'll mis the spin, too, but today is a new day! Easy transition with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New days are good... kind of like Spring cleaning, eh?

      Delete
  4. Love the mug! Yep! Watching my brother’s cat while he is gone. I keep reassuring her they will return. Lots of leg rubbing on her behalf and scratching her head on my behalf. I’m off to feed her and then a quick walk at the park. Hot here in Texas! Be careful out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy that walk! Stay hydrated in that Texas heat!

      Delete
  5. YES I remember that mug! I remember the SparkPeople store.

    Well, the good thing is many have found your blog here, including me. I appreciate it!

    Making today the best Thursday, June 10, 2021 possible!

    Hot here, but by no means as hot as it’s been, so . . . no complaints. Plenty of yard work to tend to so I’ll get my CV and ST incidentally today.

    Hugs and have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still having to remember to hit "reply" instead of just starting to type! LOL! After all, these daily chores are the "functional fitness" we do that CV and ST to maintain!

      Delete
    2. Very happy to read you here. I need to get pandemic poundage off too.

      Delete
    3. (Another Spark refugee Desiree672).

      Delete
  6. Now let's go "work on it" ... key word ... WORK. Good things don't just come around, huh???

    The Spark Community was how we were all connected. Made friends through friends and gained a great deal of knowledge and comradery allllll in one place.

    Sure gonna miss that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gonna miss sparkpeople but so glad i found you here

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s a collector’s item now! You could sell it for a million dollars on EBay! 😂

    Just kidding. I feel like knowing I’m keeping in touch with a lot of my friends in a little community we made, even beyond August 17, the BEST souvenir I could hope for. 🙂❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. It’s a collector’s item now! You could sell it for a million dollars on EBay! 😂

    Just kidding. I feel like knowing I’m keeping in touch with a lot of my friends in a little community we made, even beyond August 17, the BEST souvenir I could hope for. 🙂❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! But of course I'll never part with it!

      Delete
  10. Barb! Betsy here. Glad I can still follow you and your life. I have a blog over at WordPress, but didn't write there much. I tended to use Spark for that - it was such a welcoming supportive community. Wish others who write blogs would follow your lead. Anyway, glad to be able to read your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for looking me up! I'm kind of hoping that a wave of other bloggers will show up and let me know where they are blogging, too, so I can add their blogs to my reading list! Hint, hint!

      Delete
  11. So glad to be following you here -- and to see that great Spark mug!! A bit of a variation of a blogging theme in the planning stages here . . . will be very interested in your response!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry, should have signed my comment as "WATERMELLEN" since I don't have an account here myself (????)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! THAT's who *this* "unknown" is... that's probably the most frustrating thing, adjusting to new names and no names! I'm looking forward to how you decide to keep on writing, because, after all, writers gotta write!

      Delete
  13. It'll definitely take time to navigate blogspot / blogger / site name of the week (lol). I finally found how to "follow" onekidsmom, but I think it will only show me as an anonymous follower. I didn't want to do a public thing, since the site seems to insist on allowing third-party cookies and whatnot. (We'll pretend I understand what all that does.)

    In the meantime - somewhere I have a no-longer-functioning Spark Activity Tracker. I got it back when there was a SparkStore. When I hit certain targets it would do a sequence of flashing lights (if I remember right). I used to attach it to my waistband, and at the time I worked in a large store so I could easily hit 20,000 steps / day just at work.

    You see where the Spark Mug photo led me down Memory Lane! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love Memory Lane... one of my favorite spots to visit, and I remember that Spark Activity Tracker. I mourned its loss, and the loss of the Spark Store, too... but we're still breathing!

      Delete
  14. I'm glad I found you. Similar morning routine. I am still adjusting even tho the ship has not sunk yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found me, too! Yes, I'm doing double duty these next couple of months, posting my main blog entry here, and a reference blog over on Spark until it goes away. Hopefully that will help anyone who is a former follower of my blogs to find their way over. But without the "featured blogs", how shall we find and encourage new folks?

      Delete
  15. I pulled out a Spark shirt I bought, way back when. Long sleeve, so I won’t be wearing it soon, but it’s for the best, as I’m wearing the pandemic pounds and its tight. Motivation to trim down by the Fall, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm using the photos I've been taking here as motivation... I can see the padding under that shirt... it's not a six-pack under there! Sigh.

      Delete

Sunday afternoon, Monday morning

  The robins were out in force.  This chipper young fellow was singing his heart out on the backyard fence Sunday afternoon. This was while ...