Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Day 10: I think I like a morning blog

 A morning blog takes me back to my "pep talk to self before the workday" pre-retirement.  It might be a different slightly later morning, especially in Winter, but it's a good habit / routine to get into.

The flowers are growing and blooming... welcome, June!

I wanted to beat the heat.  Predicted high today is 100* F, and it will hit about the time that the Ace and I go out to walk in the afternoon, so I took a little turn around the neighborhood this morning already!

I like this route, it looks like a cartoon character head.

One of my former personal trainers and I started posting maps of our rides / runs and trying to "name the shape" last year... gave us some laughs.  There are so many games one can play with the tech toys.  😆😆

And, I kind of took leave of my senses yesterday afternoon.  Remember the sunrise/sunset paddle events I mentioned a couple of blogs back?  I thought the sunrise one was sold out because the link in their e-mail sent me straight to sign up for the sunset one.  Well, yesterday, a fresh e-mail showed up with a link to the sunrise one.  And I signed up for it, even though I know I'm going on the kayak and Carl outing on Saturday morning.  The sunrise paddle is on Friday morning, at I have to be there at 5:15 a.m.  Yikes!  Wish me luck.

Who knows?  This may turn into a Summer time "new thing"!

Here's hoping my Spark buds are settling into their new routines, finding tools that work for THEM, in their very own experiments of ONE.  If some of them are helped by finding me here, cheering them on, that's awesome!  💗💗

Now let's all get out and LIVE in this one and only Wednesday, June 16th, 2021 we'll ever get.  Because we're worth it, each and every one.  And LIFE is good!🙋🙏😸

19 comments:

  1. Stay safe when you walk w/Ace. Hydration, hydration, hydration.

    Oh my! You’ll have a weekend of kayaking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really sounds like a wonderful way to start your day...if it's not too cold!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! When it's 72 already before 7 a.m., nope, not too cold. Oh, you're talking about the kayak at sunrise? Same applies... we've had a HOT week, so the lake should be warm!

      Delete
  3. Saw this on fb Spark360.

    Hello SP Alumni!

    We just got confirmation that a food tracker will be launched to the Spark360/SparkAmerica platform by August 15 and it will include all nutrients.  

    -- The SparkPeople Team

    Gonna be too hot to exercise outside until after dark today. Over 100 but very low humidity. Gorgeous sunsets available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that too. But I may be too hooked on cronometer by then to switch... it's real easy in the freebie version!

      Delete
  4. Very happy to be permitted to read and comment with your coaching .. . excited that you are stepping up the kayaking!!
    WATERMELLEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a learning curve for us all! And depending on how one navigates here, the steps to comment may differ, I discovered!

      Delete
    2. Ellen! Hi! StrongDawg. Are you going to move to another platform? I was just toying with the idea of blogging again on Spark and then I got The Email. I reached out to Barb, and since Barb is on blogspot, so am I. If you are interested, you can find me at akaStrongDawg.blogspot.com

      I hope you are well. Are you still lawyering?

      Delete
  5. We had mid-90s last week. It's tough to just land in a heatwave when you've had cool weather. Seems like we should have a few days in the 80s before the hit wave hits. I'm grateful it's cooler here on the east coast, but I know it won't last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you believe we got to 102*F here today?

      Delete
  6. There was a TV commercial of an older gentleman “running” around town and he would print his route and give it to his wife as a love note! I don’t remember what they were advertising 🤔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that commercial too... and it escapes my mind at the moment what was being advertised, too... maybe the printer, ink?

      Delete
  7. OJ here. That's a drawing of a grumpy old man!
    Enjoy your kayaking, it seems to be good exercise as well a soothing for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I have been thinking of it as a bust of GrapeApe!

      Delete
  8. YIKES ... 5:15am. YOU go girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like the body is OK with waking up naturally about 5 a.m., so I set an alarm for 4, but turned out I didn't need it. Woke up at 3:55, and got through the morning routine in time to easily get out on that lake!

      Delete

Weekend adventures

  Saturday's culinary adventure:  a grape tomato.  It takes longer to conquer than a blueberry, and it's juicy inside.  This was her...