Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Day 17: Under construction and heavy lifting

 

The BLUE Spark mug
Happy Wednesday, all!  We have had a step-back from the extreme heat of last week, but it shall be temporary.  Yesterday was quite pleasant, especially in the morning.  Today is also presenting a pleasant morning, after having heard thunder yesterday evening.

Yesterday, over on my (still over there) Spark blog, I announce that I have begun re-publishing some of my old entries, in a separate blog, here.  

Fair warning, it is very much "under construction".  I am taking it slow.  I have copied a selection of the blogs to PDF format, and as I publish them here, I have to copy and paste a lot.  I am in fact making a few tweaks... adding a photo, perhaps, if the original was ALL text.  I made a small correction for historical accuracy in the "For whom the race is run" blog.  The emoticons that I had sprinkled the blogs with... gone.  Etc.

I also provided an introduction entry, which I am updating as I go along.  That said, if you *do* decide to meander over the the archives, read the entry with the label "Start here" first!

I am providing labels, since I don't really have much control over the order they display in if you view "all".  I'll be updating that introduction entry as I add "groups" of blogs with same label, to kind of explain the relevance of that set of blogs to me.  Gee, I'm doing "author notes"... who'd have thunk it?


The heavy lifting is all about the emotions that looking back at history can give one.  I started with the blogs that Spark had "featured".  But then I discovered that I wanted a collection of blogs associated with a particular time in my life.  And I went "dumpster diving" through the pages and pages of old blogs, and discovered that some things happened nearly five years ago, and it seems like a lifetime... and yet those events had a huge impact on getting me to where I am today.  So, fellow bloggers, brace yourselves if you decide to follow this example.  It's kind of like cleaning out the attic.  I know that several of you have already done it, and I'm late to the game, having chosen to start up the "new entries" before cleaning... typical me!

Kind of like "moving day", though, you eventually have to do it, even if it means just leaving it behind (the easiest decision)!  

Enough of the archive, on to today's pep talk!

I'm up, breakfasted, and dressed for my trainer workout.  I'm ready to take on this one and only Wednesday, June 23, 2021 we'll ever get!  How about you?  LIFE is good, let's go LIVE it!😍🙋💗💗👟

16 comments:

  1. You are sure doing a work of love there, for all of us!! Hotter again yesterday and high 90's today here. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Context is everything, when it comes to historical entries, isn't it? Thanks for stopping over!

      Delete
  2. Heavy lifting? I was expecting to be introduced to one of your exercise machines. Yes, it’s emotional like school graduations but I honestly believe the SP class of Maintainers will carry on and move forward united.

    My copying and pasting is just that for me. No edits or pictures added. I keep telling myself that there’ll be time for that later.

    Going through articles and blogs has shown me how much I have come to trust SP resources and the community are trusted friends. Where else in life do you find such a gem?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have journaled off and on during my life ... just to get it "out" of me. On Sparks I shared bits and pieces of my daily life. I never had the "following" you and others have. I will miss reading everyone's blogs and the interlinkage to others I've never "met".

    New steps into the unknown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any "following" is kind of accidental and due to getting "featured". I followed a lot of commenters home and started following them back (you, for example). I'm thinking we might be able to do the same thing over here, but I don't think everyone feels safe enough to put their blogs up yet. Perhaps as we grow, if we behave ourselves the way we would on Spark (i.e. let's all be kind)... it can grow into such an environment, just outside of SparkPeople's site, in its spirit.

      Delete
  4. Really appreciating your archival efforts, OKM!! This is YOUR life . . . your blogs were never written in that "I want to be a featured blog" style but almost always to explore something going on in your life that you wanted to explain or explore or understand better yourself. And of course that's the authenticity that makes them speak to others so powerfully!! I liked your response to mtn_kittn: we can and we will build trust here anew. And we will be kind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Graduating Spark University -- time to apply what I have learned that works for me. This has been an awesome community.
    - PHOENIX1949

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read others' status updates that show the churning emotions brought on by looking at their past blogs as they clean up for the move. I felt the same when I sorted my blogs into "print" or "delete." I had to read them, or at least skim. It's a lot like when you go through boxes of photos from years ago--lots of bittersweet and sad memories mixed in with the joyful ones.

    Thanks so much for the pep talk! Good luck with your ongoing efforts to organize your archives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and you know what the hardest ones to look at for me were? The ones that caused me to close the machine and go do something else for a while? The 2020 pandemic year blogs! Too fresh. So, they may get left behind!

      But the ones I'm currently processing, related to my falls and fight to remain an "eventer" in the aftermath of injury? Very revealing of the evolution of decisions about many things in life.

      Delete
  7. I'm just amazed at what you and others have done with your blog archives. And, so appreciate you making them available to the rest of us. I, too, liked your response to MTN_KITTEN. I'm not feeling safe yet. It's going to take me some time. ~ JEANKNEE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows? Since we're going through this work, I'm thinking some of mine in clusters become "stories"... chapters for a memoir?

      You're entitled to take whatever time you need. That is the beauty of having the notice and the time to prepare. If a few of us are brave enough, and carve the path, perhaps others can come along later. But in the meantime, we have "Anonymous" with our Spark Names to identify us!

      Delete
  8. Archiving is a chore but important to document a significant part of our lives. Mine is all done, all 765 of them. Easier for me though since they now reside on my own website with only a link here on the new blogspot location. Still getting used to this place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have done an incredible job of documenting so many things, Eileen, and I am grateful to those like you who take such care. My "sister #1" is our family historian, and thanks to her and a couple generations of relatives who preceded her, we have records.

      I will not save ALL of my blogs. But I hope to save "enough" of them. And yes, we're all getting used to this place!

      Delete

Sunday afternoon, Monday morning

  The robins were out in force.  This chipper young fellow was singing his heart out on the backyard fence Sunday afternoon. This was while ...