Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Day 3: Today's morning dose of resolve

I figure it's about time for my old "before" picture.  I could have picked several different before pictures, but this was from Christmas 2005, I think.  The children around me (yes, that is me, reading from my sister's family Bible) are now adults.


Yesterday afternoon, I overcame my funk enough to start pulling my old "featured" blogs off of SparkPeople.com, and in the process, I read a number of them.  I was shocked, let me tell you, shocked to find a whole bunch of wisdom in them.  I have heard this week from some Sparkers who agree with that, and in fact, let me know of specific ones that had given them the "oomph" to trust the process and work on their own journey.  (You know who you are.)  So it would be a shame to lose them.  I haven't yet figured out how to make them available here.  But I'll work on it.  I still have several years worth to capture... I got up to September 2015 yesterday... having started with 2011 blogs.  I'm only saving highlights, not even all of the featured ones, and not saving all the comments (but we all know how priceless the comments can be!)

It's into kitty care season... my non-Sparking sister (gee, we'll soon ALL be non-Sparking sisters, guess I'll have to start calling her "sister 1", by birth order) is visiting her grandchildren (and daughter and son in law, of course) in Utah... first time on an airplane for her since the pandemic sidelined us all!

Before breakfast I went out and lopped some more volunteer mulberries, and cleared out some thistles and other weeds.  Two cans full.  Taking it in small bites, as usual, since we're now in Summer weather... get it quick before the heat descends.

With that, I think I'd best get on with LIVING this one and only Wednesday, June 9, 2021 we will ever get!  I hope the same for everyone who comes and reads:  resolve to make the best choices we can, from whatever point in the journey of life we find ourselves!  Because we're worth it, and LIFE is good!  💗😍🙏

14 comments:

  1. You have been busy. Day 3 already on the new blog spot. Way to go. I have been reading my old blogs too. Some are getting deleted but some have things I had forgotten about. Between reading old blogs and thinking about my father yesterday, my memory has been working extra hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saved off some more today, and skipped a few... emotions have been stirred up a lot with that re-reading. I can see phases of my Spark life, from 2008 to current!

      Delete
  2. Glad to find your blog spot, Barb! You are such a inspiration1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And thanks for coming by the blog!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. So happy to see your smiling comment! Welcome to the "new" world!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. You made it! So good to see you checking in! I hope that you find a blog home, too! Because it would be a waste of talent, otherwise!

      Delete
  5. Woo hoo! Starting to figure out the ‘order of go’ for my morning non-spark routine. Love you & thank you for leading the blog charge! Ace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you, too... wouldn't it be great if there started to be a whole slew of Spark-alumni bloggers, offering up its wisdom to whoever trips over us?

      Delete
  6. I've, copied and pasted some to a Word document as my "journal-journey".
    Deleting most for a fresh start.
    OJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm waiting for some fresh energy to see what I can do with those PDF's. I want to share both my own and Kevin's success stories, too, as well as some old gems of blogs.

      Delete
  7. I think I'd best get on with LIVING ... my new motto.

    After tidying up BFF's home ... it's past time to do my own.

    ReplyDelete

Weekend adventures

  Saturday's culinary adventure:  a grape tomato.  It takes longer to conquer than a blueberry, and it's juicy inside.  This was her...