Sunday, June 13, 2021

Day 7: Makes me think of a Bible verse


Can you guess which one?  "On the 7th day, the Lord rested".  Thus, flowers from my fence line for the picture of the blog!  What's really funny is that an almost identical photo from a year ago, and from four years ago popped up in my Facebook "memories" yesterday or the day before.  Those flowers are right on schedule and they don't keep a calendar!

We've had a week since the news dribbled out about SparkPeople.com going away.  A week to sort through our feelings and make plans, and in some cases, to take some initial exploratory steps in finding new ways to do what we need to do to continue making our lives full and active and healthy as we can!

Maybe today we just breathe and relax into any new healthy routine we've started, no stressing over its rightness or wrongness, or how well we're doing "it", whatever it is.  

As a recovering perfectionist, I know this drill well, and as I mature, I do better about practicing it.  Now let's get out and live this one and only Sunday, June 13, 2021 we'll ever get, best as we can, right where we are!  💗😍




 

17 comments:

  1. The flowers are beautiful!! I have irises blooming in my backyard and they are lovely, too! They are later than others around here because of their location and the amount of shade they receive. It's also a bit of a wet spot when it rains heavily. I have difficult growing other things there. Mums don't make it.

    Thanks for leading the way here. I am hoping a few others choose a like spot to continue blogging so I can set bookmarks and make a file!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing my flowers bloom each year. I am so glad you are continuing to blog. I am still going through my old blogs and probably keeping more than I should but for some, it is because of the pictures. Another work in progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally understand. I haven't re-published any of the ones I saved off... yet. I think I might dribble them out when I do, so it won't be quite so overwhelming a chore!

      Delete
  3. Good to be able to connect with you Barb, as Eissa7 on Spark....and NOW in your new spot! Thanks for sharing your pretty yard art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flowers are so pretty and so fleeting. You're welcome to share the shadow of them that is a photo!

      Delete
  4. Thanks, Barb, for your words of wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We came home from Texas to find our lilacs blooming.

    And so we will continue to bloom where ever we land.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that... bloom where we're planted, as the old saying goes! Glad you had a successful trip, now I hope you get a chance to catch your breath.

      Delete
  6. Love to see your flowers -- they toil not, neither do they spin and yet Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed as one of these!! So ya know: perfectionism is futile!! You are perfect just the way you are, no toiling or spinning required!! WATERMELLEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it when those non-toiling, non-spinning, perfect without effort flowers show up every year!

      Delete
  7. Positivehope hoping this comes through.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Watermellen alludes to the verse that came to my mind! Time to not toil nor spin is essential.

    ReplyDelete

Sunday afternoon, Monday morning

  The robins were out in force.  This chipper young fellow was singing his heart out on the backyard fence Sunday afternoon. This was while ...