Sunday, August 8, 2021

Day 63: Watching Olympic marathon, and working on the blog cleanout

 

Yesterday I was at 169 pages of blogs, or 2,534 individual blogs left to review.  This morning, those counts sit at 146 pages, or 2187 blogs left to review.  Doing the math, I went through 347 blogs.  

Among them, I found the Governor's Cup race report from 2013, and I snagged this photo from a screen clip of the race photos.  That's an October race, and I have to wonder why I'm so bundled up... must have had typical October weather for Nebraska.  I ran that one as a 15K.  One of my hopes for THIS year is to be 5K ready by October 3rd, when the Run to Overcome is scheduled.  In 2013, I was gearing up for the Women's Half Marathon in November, in Florida.

This exercise has been good for me, going back and seeing so many life events and so many "coping mechanisms" to keep the healthy habits alive.  I found a trip to the ER from early 2014, and the beginnings of a new effort to decaffeinate, as a result of that, but also clearance to keep training for my first Olympic distance triathlon.

This morning I got up to coverage of the Olympics in Tokyo, with the men's marathon being run (or covered, at least).  Kipchoge is leading... I've seen him run, in Boston, I think.  Following Kevin's career as a marathon runner in his 60's has made me familiar with many well-known runners.    


Like Meb, who ran as a pacer in one of Kevin's half marathon outings, but "got away" before Kevin could thank him.  We caught up with MEB in 2019 at the Boston Marathon where Kevin got his chance to say thank you, and I snapped them together.

So many, many memories, and such a boost to the motivation.  I'll hang here with my coffee and the marathon coverage until the leaders finish... then I'll head out into the cool of the morning for my walk before facing the blog task again!

Here's wishing all of you the best Sunday, August 8, 2021 you can live today.  It's the only one any of us will get... and we're worth living it for!  Let's go have "Adventure before dementia"Spark on!  ✨💖🌟

32 comments:

  1. Your blog popped up in the Wrorpress reader literally while I had it open and was looking at the screen! 😁

    Great photos and memories.

    Here’s to embracing “where we’re at,” and going forward from there. I raise my own cup of coffee to you! ☕️

    🙂💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to comment on your WordPress blog but I'm clearly not well trained... perhaps they get screened before posting? I wasn't "logged in" when I did. The point was that I didn't respond to the Garmin friend request because my old Garmin isn't synching with Connect any more. No snub intended!

      Delete
    2. No problem - I got the comment; it’s set to hold comments for moderation if it doesn’t recognize the commenter 🙂

      Delete
    3. PS Maybe this will help?
      https://4ahealthybmi.wordpress.com/2021/07/31/how-to-comment-on-a-wordpress-blog/

      (I took a page from your “playbook” and wrote a “how-to” 😉)

      Delete
  2. I don't remember a trip to the ER for you...perhaps I wasn't such a faithful follower then...Love the photo of Kevin and Men. What a sweet memory! Your blogs have so much of both. I can only imagine the roller coaster you are experiencing as you go through these, but you're making wonderful headway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a long time ago, Penny... like February of 2014... and resulted in nothing more than a stress test that showed I was fine, "just to be sure" it was OK to keep training.

      Delete
  3. Screenshotted Kev & Meb - may have it 'saved' elsewhere, but electronic records come and go ...
    I got 1.6 miles this morning. Woo hoo! Done with PT for now, but supposed to continue at home. Very much a body-awareness, self-perception, take action to keep it going kinda thing. Have a super Sunday! Love & Hugs, Ace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your 1.6. I covered 3.1 just to prove to myself I could. All walked, no intervals!

      Delete
  4. Barbra sings it best: "Memories, light the corners of my mind..."

    Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drat, now that tune is stuck in my head! 🤣

      Delete
  5. You're moving right along on those thousands of blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slower today, interrupted by phone call from son! Of course it was worth it!

      Delete
  6. What a lovely Sunday. Watching a race, drinking coffee, reminiscing and outdoor time to look forward to.

    Saw a helpful tip on SP. if you want a record of all your nutrition favorites, you can just add them all to your tracker. Then you select Today’s full report. You will have a line by line record of each food and their macros. You can also copy your groupings using the edit button.
    You can use this to compare the entries in your new tracker.

    Posting my tip here since I don’t see you in the Google daily thread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found most of the Google stuff "too busy", I only subscribe to a couple of the threads there. I'm happy with the new tracker, and had not been consistently tracking on Spark for some time. The fresh start on Cronometer was just what I needed for a KITA!

      Delete
  7. What great memories from your blogs! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great that your blog review is evoking many good memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhhhh ... good memories. As I read through my Steve Siebold postings ... I got charged up again.
    🦋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes... I only saved about four blogs of "talking back to Steve", on the theme of "Mental Kindness". I'll keep you in mind when I get around to re-publishing them.

      Delete
  10. That was a fun day. I've a similar picture of Kevin and Mel.
    Quite a few of you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You no doubt have many more than I do! Loved your Spark blog this morning, the memory collage in photos!

      Delete
  11. Ah, memories. And, goals for the future. You are on track. (I miss the little 'hugs' emoticon).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss that one, too. I've been using the "Sparkle heart" for it. 💖

      Delete
  12. And like that, the Olympics are over 😔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sigh! I always have a sense of loss when they end, but that's one of the reasons the Olympics are so special... they are rare!

      Delete

New Toys

Emmy got some socializing with humans Tuesday.  A walker asked could she meet my puppy, when we were practicing with the leash.  Then when w...