Thursday, August 26, 2021

Spark Mug Orange

 

Spark-mug orange

This morning, before I went to my appointment with the trainer, I posted my status, which was my virtual tea-towel, over on My Fitness Pal.  I called the tea-towel color "Spark mug orange".  Here, where I can post photos, I offer what Spark mug orange looks like to me.  I used to have four mugs of this style.  This is the only one left.  They were all four colors:  one blue, one green, one rose-colored.  One was given away, two broke.  Oh, well.  But I still have my orange Spark-mug!

Working out under the mask order

The trainer is masking again these days.  I am, too.  The local order has "exceptions" for medical conditions and outdoors and "while exercising", so in theory, not everyone as a client has to mask.  But I do mask, myself.

I'm seeing more folks following the newly imposed order, with masks on in the parking lot getting reading to go in for a haircut, a meal, or, in my case, my workout.  Is it harder to work out in a mask than bare-faced?  I can definitely say "yes", but public health trumps my ease and comfort.  To cast this in a "making lemonade" sense, if I work out in a mask, it's kind of like training at altitude... I'm stronger next time I go out for a run outdoors and don't wear a mask.

My kid sis and I masked on our afternoon walk yesterday, too... yes, even in the hot humid August sun.  As I did, I thought of women in various parts of the world, under religious law where they must cover their faces... if they can survive the burka, I can survive a face mask!

The pep talk

Now let's all get out there and live the best we can, this one and only Thursday, August 26, 2021 we'll ever get.  May we do our best, whatever burdens we are bearing on this day, to take nurturing care of ourselves.  For Life is good, even in tough times.  ✨💖  Spark on!

22 comments:

  1. That's exactly what I thought of . . . those women wearing the burka. Oh that has to be so utterly hot.

    We can do thi simple thing . . . mask wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right...it's all perspective of what we are willing to do for our health and safety and for the health and safety of others.

    You know...I've never been an envious person. Growing up in poverty, I knew that education was much more important than material possessions and that education was the path to a better life. For the most part, life has been good, and I have few complaints. For the first time ever though, I find I am envious of people who live in areas that have intelligent and wise people to make collective decisions for the people who reside there. Count your blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me those intelligent and wise people come under horrible attacks these days, but thank God they are steadfast in their mission to protect the public health, or the health of their 42,000 students.

      Delete
  3. A burka with the weave over the eyes as well. That would be so hard, masks are easy and worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 👍 The little mask over the nose and mouth? No big deal!

      Delete
  4. I totally agree with you and wearing masks while working out, I almost fainted! I have high hopes that I'll still be alive when this Covid situation disappear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a suggestion for the problems: go lighter. Knowing that it's harder to breathe, so exert effort based on what you CAN do, not what you think you should be able t do.

      Delete
  5. Our governor wants us to wear masks outside, starting tomorrow, even if we've been vaccinated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And if you are in a high transmission state, and I am, it is a good idea. And if you are over 65, as I am, it is a good idea. So, even though I am fully vaccinated, I am, indeed, masking. The funny thing is, they have been "strongly recommending" for a few weeks, but it makes little difference until they mandate it.

      Delete
  6. ROSESAREBLUE : In our Province today their are 51 active cases . I know that is very good . But , I still use all precautions , especially when shopping for groceries , which is not that often . My hubbie still works although being 70 years old , and he is out around the public , but he has been very careful also . He was sick from April 1 to just 4 weeks ago , so he is extra careful . You do so well always getting some forum of activity in . You should be very happy with yourself . Take care , stay safe .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are wise to take those precautions. Especially your hubbie, having been so recently ill. I masked up and got a haircut today. The little shop I go to has it advertised on their web site that customers are expected to mask, and all staff masks as well. They are careful about social distance in the waiting area, and they sanitize between clients (of course most hair places already did a good job of sweeping up, but these days they spray and wipe).

      I feel blessed to have the space and time to be active, not everyone has this!

      Delete
  7. I hope you don't mind , but , I just figured out how to edit my blogger profile , that had my email address on it to just this Rosesareblue , so I am trying to see if it works . Thanks .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I don't mind. Responding to my blog is a fine place to experiment, and I don't mind those who choose to remain "Anonymous", either. Success?

      Delete
  8. What amazes me is the number of people who are masked BUT when they begin to speak to you pull it down below their chin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently the purpose and mechanics have not been explained to them?

      Delete
  9. In Saturdays cycle class something happen that hasn't during any workout: I was breathing so hard I sucked down a mouthful of sweat from the face mask 🤢 I took a big gulp of water afterwards, but now I’m thinking of carrying two masks and doing a “wardrobe” change mid-class. 😷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only had breathing interrupted by sweat soaked mask once, and it was a day before they lifted the local mandate, and everybody there was vaxxed, so I took it off! Since then I've started wearing a head sweat band along with the mask (I look like a ninja)... but I doubt even that would stand up to your cycling class!

      Delete

Saturday morning naughty puppy

  Don't know if it's visible to anyone else, but this is my outdoor unit of the central air... can you see where the puppy tore at t...