Saturday, August 21, 2021

Oh, what a beautiful morning!

Isn't the park beautiful this morning?
Doesn't that path just pull you in?



No, I don't live in Oklahoma, but I can sing the tunes from the Musical.


Can you tell I've been jogging?  The endorphins haven't worn off yet.  It was still in the 60's (℉) when I headed out the door.  The morning sky was a stunning clear blue, the grass and trees dressed in their summer green, refreshed by a brief shower yesterday evening.

I had to kind of jolly myself along, out the door and through the first 100 step jog interval, which happens when the Runkeeper app tells me I'm five minutes in.  The body warmed up a bit, and the jogging intervals increased bit by bit until toward the end, I had over 300 steps in the jog interval of the "faux finish line" coming down the hill to my corner lot.

Today's to-do list includes getting ready for tomorrow's kayak adventure.  Don't have to worry about the kayaks, the rental place gets them there.  Do have to worry about finding the launch side, that's a big (as standards around here go) lake.  But they sent us a Google map and it looks like it's not far from the triathlon site I'm so familiar with.  It is my hope to paddle from the launch site around to where they will do the swim on September 12th.  We've got a two hour rental which should be ample for that goal.

Remember to pack the bug spray, the sun block, the plastic bags for the phone and the "Safer Swimmer" float to hold phone and car keys while paddling, so they don't sink in the lake if a mishap should occur.  Towels for the car seats on the way home.  Masks for the drive to and from.  Don't forget to pack a snack, as this is a longish kind of outing.  Guess that about covers the preparations.

Now let's all get out there and live the best we can, this one and only Saturday, August 21st, 2021 we'll ever get.  Because life is good, and we are each and every one of us worth living it for!  Let's go have yet another adventure before dementia!💖✨🎇  Spark on!


32 comments:

  1. Yes! Yes! And YES!
    My endorphins from my morning walk and you motivational blog has me headed for a good day of the good life!
    Enjoy the kayaking trip!
    Be safe!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like Google hiccupped in the other direction today and we got three copies of your comment. I'll erase the other two, so as to clean up!

      Be safe and savor those endorphins on your good Saturday, and may it slop over into a fine Sunday, too.

      Delete
  2. Good for you! I love that photograph, it looks so peaceful! That's really neat that they have something to keep your things from sinking in the event of an accident.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing what you can find when you have friends who do open water swimming. That float is big and orange and intended to make you as a swimmer visible to boaters! Especially if there are a half dozen or so of you out swimming in the lake.

      Kind of like a lifejacket for your "stuff". It tethers to your waist when you're swimming, but when I'm kayaking, I put the tether on, and just tuck the float inside the craft with me.

      Delete
  3. Sounds fabulous!! I'll be headed out for a walk in awhile...gotta finish the Saturday chores first. Still have one more load in the dryer and DH doesn't like to leave it running while we're gone... So...it won't be too much longer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your walk. Hope you're having as pleasant a weather day as we are!

      Delete
  4. Nice photo. Indeed, very Green. With lollipop Grant Wood type trees, even! 🌳🌳🌳

    The only thing I didn’t see on your kayak prep list was a hat and sunglasses with a floating Croakie strap. Maybe those are your standard outdoor gear anyway 😎🤠

    Have a good time tomorrow! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hat is daily wear. Glasses are photo-gray transition lenses. What's a croakie strap?

      Will try my best to follow the "have a good time" order! LOL.

      Delete
    2. You know those straps you can attach up your glasses earpieces to keep them from falling off? There are ones that float.

      So if you’re still upright the glasses will stay around your neck and not fall into the water. And if you capsize and they come off, they will float until you can grab them. 🙂

      Delete
    3. Like this:
      https://www.croakies.com/product-category/float-products

      Delete
    4. I have only put those things on my glasses once. Ever. And I've been wearing glasses since 6th grade. My glasses have stayed on when I've hit the drink before. I did put something "home-rolled" of that sort on the first time I did a mud run.

      Delete
    5. Sounds like you don’t need them.

      I sure hope I didn’t jinx you by bringing it up! 😂

      Delete
    6. That makes two of us. Especially as it's too late to order one!

      Delete
  5. OHhhh, good on your jogging adventure. Hope you have a wonderful time on your kayak adventure tomorrow.

    LOTS to get packed! But worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a bright golden haze on the meadow,
    There's a bright golden haze on the meadow,
    The corn is as high as an elephant's eye,
    An' it looks like its climbin' clear up to the sky.…

    Yep, I'll be singing that in my sleep tonight.

    Beautiful sky. My neighbors kayak on the D&R canal, as a matter of fact today! First thing Dave did was test the water as he shifted in his seat. You never know LOL.
    Hope you have a great time. I'll be counting rain in inches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been thinking of you every time a news talking head compares Henri to Sandy! That's the storm that introduced us... seeing photos of the surf on Long Beach... oh!

      Stay safe out there! May it not back up the rivers. I don't remember the name of the storm that floated my ex and his family out of their home in Trenton, in the 1950's... but they can have quite an inland effect with those storm surges.

      Delete
  7. I love the sound of your endorphins!
    It was a beautiful morning.
    Enjoy you4 adventure tomorrow ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The morning after the endorphins is not always pretty. Move slow, warm up... breakfast?

      Delete
  8. You are the epitome of detailed organization. You are ready for tomorrow's adventure. Have a great time! Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Seems so strange with all the storm warnings on the East Coast... weather can be so variable, across a continent so wide!

      Delete
  9. A very detailed list and being a woman you will remember it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Be cautious... it's addictive! 🏃‍♀️🚶‍♀️🏃‍♀️👟

    ReplyDelete
  11. Off on an adventure at a new place.

    ReplyDelete

Saturday morning naughty puppy

  Don't know if it's visible to anyone else, but this is my outdoor unit of the central air... can you see where the puppy tore at t...