Sunday, November 20, 2022

Birthday outing? To the dog park!

Mother Nature was kind in giving us a 40 degree (F) plus day.  Even though there was a breeze, it was nice enough for an outdoor birthday outing.  

They have put a new agility course in the dog park nearest my house!  So for my birthday treat I got to go tramp around the park while my son and his lady worked at getting Carl to at least approximate some of the obstacles.

We have treats, Carl... you go over?  Through? The obstacle?
Carl was having none of this one

Carl got the hang of this one pretty well.

Son tried to demonstrate the desired behavior. 
Did not work.


The mental challenge of the obstacle course wore Carl out sooner than a normal romp in the park would have.  That and the fact that several other dogs were trying the course and they interrupted training to go chase one another around for a while.

We have to have one with proof of my own presence, photo credit to my daughter-in-law to be.  Carl got lots of attention and treats, too.


Tomorrow I will have my one trainer appointment for the Holiday week.  The trainer is headed off to meet his latest grandchild.  All his children and their families will gather in Colorado.  I will be baking for Thursday.

It is shaping up to be a good Holiday season!  And I have two new books to try on, thanks to Lacey.

One with new insights into our beloved fellow inhabitants of the globe, the animals and how they see the world.  Lacey had heard the author on a podcast and that spurred her purchase.

The other was originally published in 1912, so it should be fascinating, since that would be pre-civil rights movement.  They updated it for release in this century, and I'm curious to see how that affected it.  I'm a few pages in, and I can tell it is going to be a compelling narrative.

Here's hoping everyone had a peaceful and healthy and safe Sunday.  The photos out of Buffalo, NY are incredible with their 77 inches of snow in a day!  

Life is good.  Spark on!

πŸ”₯πŸ’–πŸ•

14 comments:

  1. Nice books, interesting spread of reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my soon to be daughter-in-law has amazingly wide interests bound to suit just about everyone somewhere among them. She's always posting what she's reading, and I claimed "when you're done with it" on that second volume. I'm starting with that slim volume first, saving the more scientific treatise for when I finish it.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday!!

    Those look like good reads...especially the last one.

    Love the photo of DS trying to teach by example...what a hoot! ;-)

    From the photos, it looks like you had a sparkling birthday.
    May all your birthday wishes come true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was wonderful, thank you. I took care of the sister's cats (she sponsored flowers at church in my name), then cleaned house, doing "cat laundry" so that Lacey would not have her allergies triggered if she came inside. So I got a clean-er house for myself out of the deal, too.

      And son's attempts with that tube were pretty funny! He said he will try again some time when he *doesn't* have his phone in his pocket and the worry about losing it in a place of that sort in his mind. 😁

      I will say I have crawled through a culvert as part of an obstacle race, but THAT was ten years ago!

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday!!! It looks like you had a great day doing something outdoor because you do love being outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day to be outside, too. The temperatures had moderated, at least for midday. Not enough for us to shed the winter coats, mind you, but enough to go out and enjoy the sunshine.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday! What a great way to spend part of your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it really was. Love, laughs, and a wagging tail!

      Delete
  5. Carl probably thought it was for people and the dogs get to watch. - LOL. Happy Birthday my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! You always wonder what's going on in their furry heads, don't you?

      Delete
  6. Happy belated birthday!!
    -Runkeeper Dee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to you!!!! What a wonderful way to spend it, What a wonderful way to spend it @ the dog park w/DS and his fiancΓ©! Bet Carl had a good time. How lovely they have an obstacle course for the dogs!

    Have a fabulous day!

    Yes, I cannot even begin to imagine 77 in. of snow. God bless them!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barb. Carl had a wonderful time, and so did we.

      77 inches of snow, that's tunneling time!

      Delete

Toys and their spaces

For every plaything, there is a "spot".  Ember has decided that cardboard tubes mommy gives her to chew to destruction should be p...