Monday, November 28, 2022

Time to connect to others

 

As the holiday season is here, thoughts turn to friends and family, don't they?  Is it time we reconnected with fellow Spark refugees, too?

I know I follow a few blogs, and several with whom I connect follow others.  Our life rafts are drifting apart, perhaps?

In any case, I'm dedicating this entry to links to the blogs of those I follow, in case anybody who meanders by mine can spot someone they miss and would like to send a "holiday greeting" to them, in the form of a blog comment, or whatever.

The photo today is a memory shot, inspired by speded2Jeanne's blog yesterday.  She discusses in her blog the history of Advent.  Three of the ornaments in the photo were advent presents from my mom to my son, when he was a toddler.  The tiny packages were to be opened one a day leading up to Christmas.

Jeanne has just recently moved over here to Blogger with her thoughts.  Some of you may remember her from My Fitness Pal, beyond the Spark demise.

A few of the regular bloggers preferred WordPress and may or may not be posting really regularly.  SelfhelpSunday was only posting once a month, and there are a few months that got skipped entirely.  For those of you who might want to follow WordPress blogs, there is a feature on most of them that allow you to sign up to get e-mails when they post.

Another former Sparker on Wordpress is tmzee22, who blogs as Wherever My Heart Lead Me.  She just posted some great thoughts on finding the right path this morning.

Right here on Blogger, I'm sure many of you already follow Lynda, who went by LeanJean6 over on Spark.  And Paula, who was ADivaGlows on Spark.  Both of them blog almost daily, and you can find links to their blogs and others that I follow off to the right of the blog text on my pages, under "My Blog List".  

Anybody remember endurovet from Spark?  She's blogging, too, but I relatively recently re-found her blog.  Warning, there's a delay from when you publish your comment to when it pops up publicly.  She must have it set to review before posting or something.  But it was good to see her adventures, too.

Anyway, I wanted to give a shout out to all these folks, who help keep me going when they post.  Others are over on the Google Maintenance Group threads.  I don't get over there very often, but there is quite a little community.  They do some daily check ins.  There are also a few Facebook groups, I am part of Sparking Seniors and Friends private group over there.

Hope you have contacts of your own to keep up the spirits as we approach the holidays and the winter hibernation season.  We all need hope and kindness!  Spread it far and wide.

Life is good.  Keep Sparking!

🔥🎄💖

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the extras that I have missed. I do love to keep up with Sparkers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it is just "serendipity" running across others. Figured sharing is a good idea! Some of the ones I originally started out following dropped away from blogging, so good to pick up on some newcomers.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Thanks, Barb! Appreciate the links.

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it's hard to find each other. The more we re-link others the more likely we'll be able to!

      Delete
  3. Much appreciated, Barb! Nice to connect with fellow Sparkers …
    I often wonder what has happened to so many of the people who shared thru blogs on Spark…sadly, no way to ever really know.
    Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of them just stopped blogging, since they couldn't do it easily in whatever new tool they moved to for tracking. You might find some of them over on the Google group, too.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the shout out and the link to my posts...and...for all your gracious help to get those words posted. Maybe tomorrow, I'll be able to manage without a cry for help. Also...thank you for providing the links to the other Sparkers who post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to get us "connected for Christmas" (or Hannukah, or Kwanza... or Festivus... 🤞

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the shout out. You also know I'm getting ready for nothing but Christmas in December. This is so sweet of you to do this. I'm going to check out everyone you talked about and follow them. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate everyone who does so. Sometimes all a new blogger (or an "old" one) needs is a little encouragement!

      Delete

Toys and their spaces

For every plaything, there is a "spot".  Ember has decided that cardboard tubes mommy gives her to chew to destruction should be p...