Wednesday, November 30, 2022

The Quiet of Morning

 

Tuesday November 29th

This morning I spotted a meme that said the cup you drink your coffee from makes a difference in how it tastes.

Do you believe this?  I do!  It's Christmas season, and I pull out my collection of festive mugs.  Several of these were gifts, one was a Christmas themed race swag thing, a couple I actually bought.  But in the dark month of December, I freely savor my hot beverages from these mugs in rotation.

I'm an "early to bed early to rise" gal.  And I find there is magic in the dark hours before sunrise.  I don't think it will get terribly bright today.  We are under a Winter Weather advisory.  

The flakes flurried a bit as I drove to my trainer workout, so I was appropriately "little old lady careful".  He and his wife drove back from Colorado on Monday, when the roads were less crowded, and before the snow started.  Their children all got to their respective homes safely, too.  

There is this big deal going on over in Qatar, and there's been a bit of "noise" about political stances around it.  I get tired of that kind of fuss but have found a workaround.  I am watching the Iran vs USA match... in Spanish language.  Understand little enough of the rapid-fire audio that it's just the action on the field!  Let the players play!  World Cup 2022.

As long as I'm talking sports, I just read an article that leaks news that has yet to be announced by the formal organizations.  Link to Triathlon Today article.  It looks like my dreams of being a spectator at the world championships on Kona might be constrained to only half the competition:  women in 2023, men in 2024.  The other half in each year will be a month earlier, and halfway around the globe in Nice, France.  I may have to make some hard choices:  to go or not to go, and which year... to see the women or to see the men.

I ended my day by once again turning on the tree lights while I did the whole bedtime preparation routine.  

Wednesday November 30th  

The snow had stopped yesterday before the evening news, and we ended up with a "trace", nothing measurable.  Sad, considering the drought.  This morning, I woke to cold temperatures, and cats that wanted outside anyway!  Oh, well, cats will be cats.

The mug for today is the Jingle Jog one.  It's the only squat round mug I have in my collection.  It is so cheery!

The funny thing about the weather is that tomorrow and Friday are going to get up into the 50's and 60's Fahrenheit.  Then we'll get plunged back into the cold again.  The roller coaster continues.

Oh, and thanks to those who gave me recommendations for preserving the banana bread.  I bagged and put several slices in the freezer.  And about half the loaf I wrapped to give away.  I figure the kids will have to come over at some point to return the pie plate and tea towel from Thanksgiving... good possibility for a destination.

Life is Good.  Keep on Sparking!

πŸ”₯✨πŸ’–πŸŽ„


14 comments:

  1. I love seasonal mugs and enjoy changing them up. We weeded out our mugs last year but still have a great collection. Great plans with the banana bread. I often split my baking to use and freeze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I do too... I weeded mugs in my great effort upon my retirement from work. But I could not bear to get rid of the Christmas ones!

      Delete
  2. Tyler Adams has been all over the news shows today...Morning Joe and now GMA. Kudos to a rational and calming voice for the USA.

    Good luck making that hard choice.

    Mother Nature needs a new meds prescription, this one isn't working. It was 70* here yesterday afternoon. Today the predicted afternoon temps are in the high 20s. At least the snow missed us. Missouri is in drought condition and we need moisture, but I prefer wet to white.

    Cheers to good coffee served in festive holiday cups or mugs. A hot beverage (Sheldon) to go along with the banana bread. ;-)
    Have a Sparkling Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a hard choice, indeed. Making no choice would mean I just stay home... which is also a possible solution. A whole lot easier on the budget, for sure. France, you need your passport... but mine is in order. However, I don't know the language... BUT what a great opportunity to learn?

      I have been impressed with Tyler Adams. Such a balanced, calm, mature outlook. He's another of the younger generation I am glad is there. Every such example makes me feel grateful and hopeful for the future of our nation and the world.

      You have a Sparkling great Wednesday, too.

      Delete
  3. I love my coffee mugs! All have a memory attached, so makes it special.

    Glad you only ended up w/a trace of snow. Snowing and flurrying here right now. Windy and cold. Doesn’t look like much in the way of snow accumulation, thankfully. Wow! You’re going to be in the 50’s and 60’s tomorrow and Friday! Enjoy.

    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do my best to enjoy the warmer temperatures, although they were saying on the noon news it might not seem that warm, because we'll be getting wind to go with it. Oh, well!

      Sip from your memory mugs and have a great day!

      Delete
  4. We had snow on Tuesday and it's been freezing cold for two days. Our heat wave hit at 20 today. We'll have some warmer weather, but more snow next week.

    I love mugs for all different seasons and holidays. I'm always on the lookout for new ones. I might have lots, but we do use them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'll bet they fit in with your coffee bar themes, too! It's a relatively inexpensive way to amuse ourselves!

      I guess we're just going to have to accept that it's December, and the weather will be December weather. Stay warm and drive carefully if you must go out and about.

      Delete
  5. I think Starbucks might be on to this mug thing with the Holiday designed cups! I find myself wanting a drink just to see which design I get!
    I watch the World Cup in Spanish, too. The announcers are the best 🀭 the banter? HilariousπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† I too focus on JUST the games, for my sanity.
    -RunKeeper Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best way to watch any sports! Just the game, folks. I wish my Spanish were good enough to catch the banter, Dee. The funny thing is it has kind of jump started my desire to start studying again. But it might be French this time, with the thought of Ironman in Nice, France. I took Spanish in Junior high and high school, German in College and was immersed in Italian in Italy on a 7 week business trip. I find that all my non-English clumps in the same memory section, and often as I learn a new language the conjunctions from other languages creep in. But I do love the learning process. Maybe it's time to challenge my brain. I do hear it's good for us "old" folks πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜œπŸ€£

      Delete
    2. I took French in High School.
      Currently, I am learning Vietnamese on the Duolingo app. I dont have the voice activated stuff on, so I dont trust I’ll be speaking it in full sentences, but I’d like to pick up on the banter at my fave Vietnamese restaurant, at least 🀫🀭

      Delete
    3. I am impressed. And good goal, Dee! One doesn't have to have fluency to make oneself understood or to start to understand others, and that's what language is all about. Making the effort is the most important part!

      Delete
  6. 12-01 Everything checked off today's errand list. I'm grateful for the physical ability to get things done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that! Some days I feel like a teenager, others more creaky, but just being able to keep on keepin' on is a blessing!

      Delete

Toys and their spaces

For every plaything, there is a "spot".  Ember has decided that cardboard tubes mommy gives her to chew to destruction should be p...