Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Hustle and bustle

 

I shipped off a batch of t-shirt "sides" Monday morning to have my 4th memory quilt made.  Many of these are the ones I wore at my racing weight, and I don't look good in them any more, but they will look fine on the guest room bed.  This is only a "full" size quilt, not a "Queen" like two of the other three.  I don't think I'll get delivery on it until sometime in January.  But when I do, I will post its picture.

Oh, and Sunday I got the baking bug, because I had a banana that was getting past its prime.  One loaf of banana nut bread, making the house smell wonderful.  Now I have to figure out how to get it spread around, since I don't go to work any more.  

I gave it the taste test Monday morning with my breakfast.  A nice veggie omelet with the heel of the banana bread.  Very satisfying.

This time of year it is hard to remember the day of the week.  I have the trainer on my calendar for Tuesday, hope I have the time right.  I'll probably text him later to be sure!

Monday afternoon I went out for a walk to take advantage of "the last nice day in a while".  It was 54℉ with the wind supposedly from the north at about 15 mph, but lessening according to the forecast.  As I walked, I mused about many things, like I do.  One of those things was how that phrase "the last nice day for a while" changes in its definition as the seasons roll by.  Just a couple of weeks ago, that "last nice day" was 20 degrees warmer.  And the sunlight lasted longer, too.

Another musing related to the sounds I was hearing.  My Saturday walk, I was drawn to look up by the honking of geese.  Didn't hear or see any geese today, but I did hear the wind, the traffic noises, the construction equipment that was pouring concrete down the street, and wind chimes.  I heard a dog or two barking.

I had an encounter with a woman who was backing out of her driveway.  We valiantly tried to out-polite one another before I got brave enough to cross behind her.  Then we gaily called greetings to one another by way of apology for our hesitations... "you're bigger than me, so I will be cautious", I said.  "I don't blame you," said she.

Life is good.  Spark on!

8 comments:

  1. I get the waiting, I always taught my girls that even if you have the right of way, it is no comfort in the hospital after they run you down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to photos of the new quilt.

    Can you portion the bread, bag it, and freeze it? That works well for most quick breads.

    A gracious driver. A rarity in the Walmart parking lot.

    Our last nice day is today. Errands to run before the cold front comes through this evening.

    Sparkle on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a good "last nice day", and batten down the hatches for when the front passes through. Thanks for the tip on what to do with the banana bread... got my baggies out!

      Delete
  3. I would have hesitated @ a car backing out, too. LOL Right decision.
    Banana bread freezes well. I put it in baggies . . . . 1 or 2 slices/baggie. Delish toasted.

    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, ma'am... two slices per baggie, and half the loaf is foil-wrapped to give away. Perfect. Also delish with my coconut-mocha coffee. The banana bread provides the sweet so don't need to any in the coffee.

      I try not to challenge any vehicle that outweighs me!

      Delete
  4. I live by a golf course and always hearing the geese honking away. They fly and hangout there during the day.

    Yum, banana bread sounds like the perfect thing this time of year. I made potato soup for dinner. It was the right meal for a snowy and cold day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, I'd been thinking about potato soup, as I have a bag of potatoes I got on sale. You're right, it's also a perfect food for a cold day!

      I also live near a golf course, which is next to the lake where I go kayaking in Summer. The geese stay around the whole year, and often I hear them going overhead. Two of them even perched on my across the street neighbor's roof last Summer, when they were anticipating the birth of their second child.

      Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!

      Delete

Toys and their spaces

For every plaything, there is a "spot".  Ember has decided that cardboard tubes mommy gives her to chew to destruction should be p...