Monday, April 15, 2024

Carl and Ember - backyard play

 

This was their second meeting, and it was at my house, in the fenced back yard.  Carl showed no signs of jealousy... he has a yard of his own, his puppy memories (if any) are a dog's lifetime ago.

Meanwhile, little Ember continues her hero worship of the bigger dog.  You'd think she grew up around a Daddy dog, eh?

Both of them adore my son.  It was a hot day here, sunny and 87℉.  Neither dog was interested in being terribly active, so even though Carl had not had exercise before coming over, they played well together.

This visit happened after Ember recovered from her Puppy Class nap... we get out of class about 10 a.m., home easily before 10:30, even with visiting after class and all that.  She did her business then collapsed in a lovely sleep clear 'til 12:30!

So it was later than that when my son messaged the question whether it was a good day for a backyard romp.  I was proud of them both, sharing both toys and their favorite humans.

This speaks well for future dog-sitting, in either direction.

Happy Marathon Monday

Kid sis reminded me early that it's Marathon Monday in Boston... not that I didn't already know.  This photo popped up in my memories, from 2016.


I was in training for the Lincoln Half marathon, which follows Boston by about 3 weeks.  That beautiful morning I was in town for my brother's race, and I finished off my "long run" in the shadow of Beacon Hill (Massachusetts State Capitol is the gold dome in the background).  Fit just feels good, doesn't it?

And for me, it's laundry day, so off to do that while the puppy naps!

Have a great day.  Life is Good.  Spark on!

10 comments:

  1. Yay, everyone in the nuclear family gets along with one another!

    PHOENIX1949

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both dogs being happy and relaxed around one another is great; it makes for more relaxed visits.

    I'm glad you decided to add Ember to your family...pets are such a source of companionship. And with her projected size and good training, as you age she'll be a deterrent to anyone who feels older people are an easy target.

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thinking. The training is a lot of work, to keep it consistent and vigilant. But I keep thinking ahead to the good dog that will be by my side in the years ahead.

      Delete
  3. It's great that everyone has decided to be friends. πŸ€—πŸ’–πŸΆπŸ˜Έ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course we have not tested the "two dogs being FED at the same time". I've seen that work, my cousin in Florida had six dogs in residence, and each had his/her own dish and his/her own crate... and they all ate ONLY from their own bowl, and obediently went to bed in their own crate. I was mega-impressed!

      Delete
  4. Awwwww, Ember and Carl look so cute together! Looks like they had a good time together.

    Wow! Your temp got up to 87! No wonder the shorts! For sure.

    Nice picture of the ‘kids’ and DS, too. They do look like they adore him!

    Nice memory picture of you, too!

    HUGS
    barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The current plan is to keep having them meet most weeks, and build up the trust that's going to be needed for "overnight" visits by Carl here, or by Ember there. We haven't laid out the plans for meal or sleeping arrangements in such a situation, but you know, just like having human 'kids', sometimes a backup is required!

      Delete
  5. I was musing about Boston to DH. It was fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun... four years in a row, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019, the first three of which Kevin ran the marathon. And the Spark connections made it all the sweeter!

      Delete

Going with the flow

  In the corner of the yard, during Ember's "last call" backyard time on Thursday, The Prisoner crouches on the corner of the ...