Saturday, January 28, 2023

Daily Gratitude for the week of January 22 - 28, 2023 (complete)

 

Continuing the practice of "writing it down", this post will grow, day by day, with at least one little spark of gratitude.  Doesn't have to be big, repeats are allowed, the important thing is to keep the thought of our blessings in our lives uppermost in our minds.

Sunday, January 22, 2023

This morning I am grateful for a good night's sleep.  I am grateful for the beautiful lacy textured snow that fell Saturday afternoon, and that I'm feeling up to shoveling it off today.

Monday, January 23, 2023

Today I am thankful for a good night's sleep.  Nine hours!  I am thankful for a good breakfast to start the day, too.

Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Today I am thankful for the cloud cover overnight that kept the temperatures higher than they were to start Monday.  I am thankful that the roads have been well cleared for my trip to the trainer this morning.

Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Today I am thankful for good sleep.  Again.  Yes, I know it's a repeat, and in the same week even.  But having good sleep means I go for the decaf, or for tea, and that's another step to healthier habits in general.

Thursday, January 26, 2023

Today I am thankful for my kid sis not knowing how cold that wind was going to be yesterday afternoon, and consequently getting me out for a short walk.  Because it's only going to get colder!

Friday, January 27, 2023

This morning I am thankful that the new bag of coffee I just opened is black-drinkable quality.  It was a gift from my son, and he usually has good taste in coffees, and understands my taste, too.  So I'm thankful for that, too.

Saturday, January 28, 2023

Today I am thankful for "no new snow" at wake-up time, for temperatures warmer than I thought they would be (today is the stepping down to the really cold overnight and tomorrow), and for the arrival of a package I'd been expecting yesterday, that showed up overnight.  Yes!  Fancy flavored coffee to feed my treats for the next month or so.

And that's a wrap for this week!  Expect a new post tomorrow for the new week of Gratitude!

38 comments:

  1. 01-22 this will sound strange but I am grateful for the lock-down at mom's nursing home as I get a little break until it is lifted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can be grateful for things that might sound strange to others. It's definitely OK!

      Delete
    2. 01-23 Thanks, I am grateful for good friends understanding me. :)

      Delete
    3. 01-24 For getting to chat with both daughters and sister this week.
      01-25 For being able to stay put during snow storms and not have to go out in them.

      Delete
    4. Amen to staying connected with family, and for being free to keep yourself safe during the storms!

      Delete
    5. For sure, I remember the struggles getting into work, just because buses were cancelled didn't mean the office staff could stay home.
      01-26 For being able to sleep in when one needs to.

      Delete
  2. Yes, our area was dusted w/snow, like powdered sugar, but not sweet! Careful out there.

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A worthy warning. I've been out for session one of shuffling (shoveling) and it's ice underneath!

      Delete
  3. That doesn't look like a fun shoveling adventure. I enjoy the exercise of a moderate snowfall but icy pellets? Nope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The underpinnings of what I shoveled Sunday morning was worse than what I cleared off on Thursday. This one fell as wet, lacy, huge flakes Saturday afternoon and evening, and was ice rink texture underneath as I cleared Sunday morning. My neighbor who walks Barnaby the rough-coated collie was wearing his "Grampons", which essentially are rubbers with spikes.

      Delete
  4. 01-22 The rain and snow missed us again. While I am extremely grateful, the price tag that has to come for these misses scares the bjeezus out of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waiting for the other shoe to drop? Experience tells me that every so often, it does not! Hope that's the case this time around, you've had enough challenges. Maybe this is making up for that!

      Delete
  5. 01-23 I had such a good sleep last night. After a crazy couple of days I needed that so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 01-23 After a couple of ibuprofen, in combination with 2 Tylenol, my horrible aches from this morning disappeared. Grateful for those OTC pain relievers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for your aches, glad the OTC meds helped!

      Delete
  7. 01-24 Whew!!! Tax documents gathered, sorted, and mailed to CPA today. I'm grateful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a relief when that chore is done. I'm just starting to gather mine, as they arrive in the mail, bit by bit.

      Delete
  8. 01-25 Bullseye! The snow hit our area this time. While it continues to snow this morning, the temp is above freezing and the roads are clear. There's a couple of inches on the deck railings, but except for the car, there's nothing to shovel or clear. I'm grateful that errands were completed yesterday afternoon, no need to travel today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're tucked up safe and don't have to go out in it!

      Delete
  9. 01-25 My mom woke up without any sharp pain. Hopefully it's passes now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great cause for thankfulness! I pray for her comfort as you wait for those appointment dates.

      Delete
  10. Yes, arctic cold expected here next week, too, after 3 days of snow! Gotta love winter, don't you!

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I'm grateful that Winter gives the soil the chance to rest, sleep, and be ready for the next year's crops?

      Delete
  11. 01-26 My water system has a big case of gremlins. Spring will soon be here. I'm grateful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May those gremlins soon be vanquished! Preferably before Spring!

      Delete
  12. 01-26 My mom is walking around without pain. So happy to see her doing little things around the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Health, of ourselves and our loved ones, is about as high a prize as one can get!

      Delete
  13. 01-27 Two relaxing hours watching the US Figure Skating Championships, Men's Short Program. Ilia Malinin is the epitome of spectacular jumps. He is the only skater to land a quad Axel in competition. First place. I'm grateful for a fun, relaxing 2 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We're under a winter storm warning . . . up to 10 in. of snow. BUT so far, ok. Then arctic cold. Stay safe!

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you're able to avoid going out in it. We've had some light flurries show up here (3 p.m. hour, Saturday). They are saying it won't accumulate (much), maybe "up to an inch or two". I never bet on weather forecasts. Stay safe!

      Delete
  15. Snow ...UGH !!! They are threateninfg 2 to 10 inches . I told my hubby that Im voting for 2 (cuz I cant go lower lol) Im not a winter person anymore... *sigh* ... Have a wonderful day and be safe out there....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You, too... it's only just started dancing flakes in the past hour here, and I'm starting to see it stick on the back deck, but not yet on the roads. Stay safe is the byword of the day!

      Delete
  16. 01-28 It's been a grand day!! I'm grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. 01-28 My mom has very little to no pain now. And we have snow falling, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🙏💖 Answered prayers! For your mom's pain levels dropping. Good thing you like the pretty new snow!

      Delete

Toys and their spaces

For every plaything, there is a "spot".  Ember has decided that cardboard tubes mommy gives her to chew to destruction should be p...