Sunday, January 15, 2023

Why the flowers had to be moved


Sunday started off with a well-rested me and a spectacular sunrise.  I believe that day of sloth did me good!  The joints are not complaining today.

My little phone app told me I had prescriptions ready to pick up, so I made up my grocery list and headed over to HyVee to pick up the things that I particularly needed.  Before I went I had to check and see what they were giving away or having specials for "members".  I became a member to pay for deliveries for the year in December when they had a particularly attractive sale, but there are a few other perks each month, too.

In January one of the perks is a "just because" bouquet.  I chose one in mainly yellow hues.  Yellow is such a cheery color.  I thought it would perk up my dining room.  

Rubia believes she owns that table, and as you can see, I had good cause to be concerned that she might knock over the flowers and drench both herself and my laptop!  Consequently, the flowers were shifted over to the buffet.  

The son's fiancΓ© and I messaged back and forth a bit over various FB story posts.  She had posted some cute videos of Carl on the agility course at the dog park.  I had posted the cat and flowers, and the other cat sleeping on my lap and pinning me to the couch.

Lacey invited me to meet the usual "Covid Bubble" group to see the movie "A Man Called Otto" next Sunday... theater and time to be named.  However, this may well not happen, as a couple of hours after she posted the invitation her dad (part of the bubble) posted that he has once again tested positive.  Medical advice to be sought, as to whether this is in fact a NEW infection, or a "rebound" from the one in December.  So we have gone into a "wait and see" mode about the movie.

The day continued with various TV / movies playing in the background as I put the super glue I bought at the grocery store to good use.    

I "fixed" the last knob on the stovetop!  It's a little taller than the others, due to how the fix needed to be applied.  See?  Victory!

Dishwasher is now running, and "War Games" is on BBC America on the TV.  This movie came out in 1983, with a young Matthew Broderick as the geeky teenaged hero.  I remember seeing it in the theater.

That's about it from my peaceful Sunday.  It's gray and cool outside, and I got out for about a mile of walking.  My eating window has closed for the day and Life is GoodSpark on, my friends!

πŸ”₯πŸ’–✨

  


14 comments:

  1. Cheery flowers! She sure is snuggled up to that vase. I can see why you deemed it necessary to move them.

    How sad that Covid strikes again. The numbers continue to go up...even with boosters and previous infections, immunity is elusive.

    Good job with the knobs. IMHO duct tape and/or super glue can fix just about anything except a rainy day.

    Out and about early this morning for milk and salad fixins before the rain and storms tonight and tomorrow. After that, a quiet day. I started National Treasure on Disney plus.

    Glad you had a peaceful day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it was a smooth trip for the milk and salad stuff! LOL! I'm with you about super glue and duct tape! National Treasure is a heart-racer at times, hope you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. 🀣🐱 Who, me? (Rubia)

      Delete
    2. I'm not a cat-person but I appreciate their minds. Don't we all wish we could hear what goes on in their heads?LOL

      Delete
    3. They are stone-cold killers, and you cannot "train" or "feed" them out of that instinct. But they will kill your laptop, your vase of flowers, and their cat toys as well as the vermin they keep away from your doors.

      Delete
  3. I remember that movie, but have completely forgot what it's all about.

    Great job on getting the knobs to work for you.

    All our Covid testing sites closed on Sunday and you can get one at the stores or your doctor's office only now.

    We have two snowstorms coming this week. I have to get some groceries in the morning and then staying in the rest of the week while it snows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It had been forever since I'd seen that movie... memories! Geek kid hacks military computer, accidentally starts threat of nuclear war... and of course the confusion of stopping it from really happening. Think "how do you teach AI"?

      Our Covid tests are now pretty much through Dr. office, some pharmacies, Urgent care centers, etc. The dedicated sites? Long gone. I keep a supply of home tests.

      Oh, snow! We might get a little something today into tomorrow, but so far it's up the hill to the West.

      Hope you have a good Monday!

      Delete
  4. There was a time that I couldn't have any flowers at all because there was no place that Tigger couldn't get to, now I have a spot. The yellow ones are really cheery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And many flowers are poisonous so keeping the kitties from nibbling on them is a good idea!

      Delete
  5. OH NO! So sorry that Lacey’s dad again tested + for Covid. **SIGH**

    Loved War Games!

    And Yes Rubia looks like the Queen of the table! LOL

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is yet another of those diseases that is just plain "not fair" in how it behaves! Bob's plaintive post, though, was not about his own ailing, it was about how his 94 year old mother was once again quarantined, this time because of his positive test result. Poor lady has had it twice herself, and living in a nursing home deals with all the rules associated with communal living!

      Delete
  6. 🀭at Rubia
    [No one won the $404 lotto prize, I think it was yours to win πŸ˜‰]
    -RunKeeper Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Oh, well, I'm at least $2 richer than I would have been had I bought a ticket.

      Delete

Toys and their spaces

For every plaything, there is a "spot".  Ember has decided that cardboard tubes mommy gives her to chew to destruction should be p...