Saturday, January 14, 2023

Come Saturday mo-orning!

Now that I have you singing inside your head... here's the sunrise sky around my neck of the woods today!

It was chilly in the morning air, but the weatherman said it woutd get up to the mid-40's by afternoon.  It was still undetermined whether I will go out walking.  Why would that be?  Well, because of the body parts that complained this morning... left side ankle, right side knee (funny how they balance that way).  It may be time for a "full rest" day.

But never FULL rest, as there are things that need to be done.  I have a load of laundry started... the underwear.  But there's this little tingle of a non-scale victory for the intermittent fasting... I dropped a size in undies this week!  Probably TMI, but I still have a supply in that one step down size, so they are now being put into service.

By day's end I had done three loads of laundry, and resisted any urge to go buy Powerball tickets.  

Alicia notified me yesterday that the jackpot for today's Powerball drawing was $404 Million dollars.  And you all know that 404 is our "sign from Kevin".  But Kevin would never approve of buying lottery tickets!

Today the replacement knobs came for the stove, and wouldn't you know, they are not the same size.  And one of the replacements didn't work at all, but I found that by replacing three knobs with the new ones, I could use one of the "good" old knobs and "fix" the one that was on backwards so that it is facing the proper control reading, even if it is a different size from the new ones.


After my work on the knobs.

I am enjoying the down time today.  No reading.  I streamed entertainment shows... a couple of movies (You've Got Mail, an old favorite of mine, and Downton Abbey, a New Era).  But mainly I was polishing off a game show I started streaming yesterday.  It had eight episodes, I believe, and I got drawn into the drama, as it had a couple of players I remembered from Big Brother seasons of the past.

In short, I pretty much wasted the time away, and recovered from my "people-y" week.  I have one more appointment coming up, the annual physical with the Doctor on Monday.  Then it will be just the trainer appointments, which are every week, anyway.  So it's almost back to "normal".

Here's hoping you're all having a good weekend, too, whether busy or lazy!

Life is good.  Spark on!  

🔥💖✨

12 comments:

  1. Our weather was very similar today. Warmer predicted for tomorrow.

    What shame about the knobs. It's frustrating trying to order those types of things online, at least it is for me.

    It was movie day here, too. Because it won so many awards, I watched The Banshees of Inisherin. It was described as a dark comedy. I'll agree with the dark part.

    It's 7pm and I'm sitting here yawning. It's the outside work and all the fresh air. I think it's going to be an early night.

    Have a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For items like this one, I figure I'm gambling. But, the up side is: 1) I still have a functioning stove, 2) the controls match the markings again, so 3) anyone visiting won't be as confused.

      Delete
  2. I’ve got 3 separate Dr appts next week, one which alters the usual gym schedule which puts me in a mood when I think about it, but then I tell myself that it needs to be done to get some answers. So, I shall suck it up buttercup.
    (I’ve attempted to comment on several of your posts and have been unsuccessful)
    -RunKeeper Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer about not being able to comment! I've run across that a couple of times and sometimes backing out and re-loading the page has solved it, but that can be a hassle if you don't have time.

      I do hope your Dr. appts give you some answers, for sure. Sending vibes of calm for the schedule disruption!

      Delete
    2. I got to bundle a couple of the appts for tomorrow, back-to-back, I need to fast for the first, so I’ll pack a snack and hope to have a few minutes in between to enjoy it. The Weds appt is the gym-schedule altering one, I’m mentally giving myself a pass without feeling like I need to “make-up” the missed gym day, just because I’m not sure how the appt will go.
      Thx for the calming vibes.
      -RunKeeper Dee

      Delete
    3. Oh, yes, those fasting labs. Good job on giving yourself a pass for the day you conflict with the gym schedule! More calming vibes...

      Delete
  3. We've been warm for a couple of days, but saw that we're getting a mix of snow and rain Sunday night. Later on in the week the cold and snow will be back again.

    That has to be driving you crazy about the knobs. Hopefully things will work out the way you have it now.

    You know me, every day is movie day or in my case it's night when I watch them. I've been watching a ton of Kay Francis movies because it was the week or her birthday. I love You've Got Mail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It drove me crazy about the knobs for a while, and there's a part of me that thinks I might be able to get the fourth one to work with a bit of superglue, but I don't have any on hand, so for now, the stove is functional and I'm done with it!

      I had to go look up Kay Francis, and yes, I recognize some of those titles! I remember reading Raffles adventures. Sometimes the old movies match old mystery shorts and novels that my mom was a fan of.

      Hope you have a good Sunday and are prepared for that weather front.

      Delete
  4. I was humming immediately.
    If your stove is like mine, the smaller one would go with the smaller burner!
    Don't call it a wasted day, you recharged you batteries. You can't do that while in motion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct. It is the control for the most used burner on my stovetop, so it's really no wonder it was the first to break. But it's functional again, and pointing the right way, so I'm going to call it a win!

      Delete
  5. Yes . . . . now that song is an ear worm! LOLOL

    Wow! IF really is working for you. That’s awesome.

    Well good you figured out a solution to the stove knob situation.

    Oh I just love You’ve Got Mail. That and Sleepless in Seattle are my favorite Meg Ryan/Tom Hanks movies. Hoping to see A Man Named Otto. Looks like a totally different type of character then Tom Hanks usually plays.

    Good luck w/your physical. Always glad when that is under my belt.

    Hugs and blessings

    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the good wishes. I have been invited to go see A Man Named Otto with "the kids" and her parents and aunt, next weekend. If you get there first, let me know how you like it, and of course I'll post about it when I've been.

      Delete

Toys and their spaces

For every plaything, there is a "spot".  Ember has decided that cardboard tubes mommy gives her to chew to destruction should be p...