Monday, January 23, 2023

Hope you enjoyed some Happy Weekending, all!

 

Thursday as the sun was dipping toward setting, I noticed the sparkling ice coats on the branches.  I was not alone.  Several locals posted similar photos on Facebook, including my kid sister and my son's fiancΓ©.

Friday I kind of collapsed into a slump, sucked in to a reality TV show that I know is not good for me, and eating too much cheese and bread.  This in turn gave me trouble sleeping Friday night into Saturday, so trying to sip tea and all that sort of thing.  I did at least stop eating to maintain the fasting hours, but as mentioned before, fasting hours are not a cure all, if you don't eat quality foods in appropriate amounts during the eating windows.

Saturday, I decided to give myself a break with some recreational reading.  I've been making progress on the non-fiction works, but that feels more like "homework" to me, so now I'm into my Pern book (Dragon's Code by Gigi McCaffrey).  Set in the time era when Lessa and F'lar led Benden Wyer, this one features a cast of characters with which long-time fans of the series will be familiar.  It was like reading in a history that was full of known players.  Piemer plays a role, and Master Harper Robinton, Southern Holder Toric, and many others are in the plot.  We have fire lizards... so essentially, and "up to date" Pern time setting, not one of those set in the early years.  It's five "turns" (Pern's version of a year) after the events in The White Dragon by Anne McCaffrey.

About 2 p.m. the snow began to fall, looking a bit magical, and so much preferable to the sleet and freezing rain from mid-week!  Looks like Sunday will be another clearing day!  I took the top layer off, but there is an icy layer underneath.

Sunday morning toward noon we have bright sunshine trying to fight through 27℉ temperatures to try to melt what's on the ground.

Remember the muddy pink shoes?  For session 2, I put them on while I shoveled, in the hopes of using the snow to help clean them off.

The walks and drive were cleared on Sunday in just two sessions, where on Thursday it took me five.  As the day progressed, the icy layer melted in the sunshine, and it was "just wet" by sunset. 

Monday morning dawned sunny and cold.  I need to get to the grocery store today, as I am out of bananas and berries (twice a week I run out of these staples), and in need of my weekly supply of veggies, too.  Yogurt is on sale this week for "members", so that's on my list, too.  Getting myself into the car and out of the house might be the hard sell, as I'm in a hibernation phase.

Here's wishing you all a fine week ahead, and hope you got what you needed from the weekend just finished!

Life is good.  Spark on! 

πŸ”₯πŸ’–πŸŒž






10 comments:

  1. It's amazing, at least to me, that a small change in food consumption can result in a big difference of body reactions. Today, every fiber of my body aches. I've gone over my food log from yesterday, but I'm unable to find the culprit. 'sigh'

    Another prediction for snow, 1-2 inches, starting tomorrow night going into Wednesday morning. Winter advisories posted for areas a hundred or so miles south of here. Sure hope they don't drift north. I am truly grateful when the sun beams do all the heavy lifting with snow removal.

    Have a sunny, sparkly day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sun is powerful, isn't it? Doing the heavy lifting, when the clouds cooperate and let it shine down!

      Have a wonderful Tuesday! And we'll brace ourselves for storms and cold weather to come, as Winter is really only getting started!

      Delete
  2. We’re looking for snow on Wednesday into Thursday and possibly over the weekend. Not a fan!

    Just got back from the store this morning and it was a zoo! But I was able to get what I needed, so done and done.

    Here’s to a good Monday.

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the "deep freeze" temperatures they are predicting for next weekend and into the following week that have me bracing myself. Funny how predictions of snow have that same impact wherever we live!

      Delete
  3. Wow, my old memories perked right up as you listed character names!
    If there was ever a being I'd like to have as a pet, it'd be a fire lizard, green, of course as I'm such a flirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would have more than one, you might even have a full "fair" of fire-lizards, like Menolly, who is also in this book.

      Delete
  4. We had a little snowfall over the weekend. but it was more of a dusting. We still have the large amount of snow from the other week and now more is coming Tuesday and Wednesday. I am loving the snow though.

    It's so amazing how one little change can make a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying these small snows and the milder temperatures... but especially enjoying being retired and not having to hurry to clear before heading to work, or fighting through the worst of the fall to get home and battle the drifts. Now I can just take it at my own pace and enjoy the beauty!

      Delete
  5. I will have to look for that book. Hubby and I both have enjoyed the Pern series and this sounds really great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I have so enjoyed about the series is how the author would blend the new tale into the known timeline, revealing more details but fitting in, as with a good history. This one does a good job with that aspect, too.

      Delete

Toys and their spaces

For every plaything, there is a "spot".  Ember has decided that cardboard tubes mommy gives her to chew to destruction should be p...