Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Dark and wet start to Tuesday

 

Welcome to January 3rd, 2023

It is chilly, dark, and wet in the early morning.  The cats have been in all night, so perfectly willing to go test the barely above freezing deck.  So they went out, then in, then out, then in.  

In any case, the weather man has changed the forecast and we are not in the ice zone this morning, so the workout with the trainer is ON, in about three hours.

Meanwhile, because of yesterday's "feeding fully" I also slept well.  The scale was a bump up, which was to be expected, but the beauty of IF is there is no guilt associated with such a blip... I still fasted for the amount it said.  I am not yet hungry, so will delay breakfast, and then sit back and observe how my body feels.

Before I headed out for the workout of the day, I called my trash hauler to ensure that if I put my pre-wired old artificial tree out, it is something they would take.  It is.  I know the places that recycle lights will not.

A few hours later:

I am back from the trainer session, showered, dried off, and fed "lunch", even though technically it was still morning.  It's easy to think of it as "lunch" when I know I'll be done eating for the day mid-afternoon!

The weather has switched over to that winter mix they mentioned in the forecast... I see flakes in the air.  The cats are still doing their dance of "let me out" / "let me in", with breaks for naps in their spots.  

It does not look as though I'll be doing a whole lot more today.  Reading, of course... interesting, when I was at the trainer this morning, I mentioned my goal of reading more in 2023, and he said that was one of his goals, too.  I asked whether he had started, and what his first new read of the year was.  He's reading The Boys of Winter: The Untold Story of a Coach, a Dream, and the 1980 US Olympic Hockey Team.  I could tell as he came alive describing this and other tales that inspire him what kind of a book I would pick for him.  Other tales he talked about:  a blind mountain climber, and survival stories.  Yes, the Ironman is inspired by other strong athletic folks!

Here's hoping all are having a good Tuesday, whatever is being tossed in your path!

Life is Good.  Spark on!

🔥✨💖

14 comments:

  1. Hope that your roads do not freeze and become treacherous! After living in FL the past 15 years, I don’t know IF I could muster the stamina necessary to clear the driveway and negotiate icy roads. Did that for decades…
    My house is finally de-Christmased and boy does it look drab and bare….but, my severe back pain of yesterday was gone today, and I did what I needed to do! Who knows WHY the back gave out?!
    Sticking my toe back into the IF way of eating…I do enjoy the structure!
    Stay safe…Eissa7/Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting... when I fessed up that I'm trying this, various folks have come forward and admitted to also trying it. It has both structure and flexibility.

      Drab and bare, or "open and spacious"? I always feel a little freer when the tree no longer dominates the room. Glad your back is feeling better!

      We shall see what Wednesday brings to the roads... you stay safe down there in Florida, too!

      Delete
  2. Hope the ice misses your area. It's nice you were able to get to the trainers and back safely.

    In 2001, Erik Weihenmayer was the first blind mountain climber to reach the summit of Mt. Everest. We used him as an example for the Sped kids to prove that anything is possible for anyone. Both of the guys that I continue to hear from were greatly impressed by his accomplishments and success.

    Stay safe in this crazy roller coaster called weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a blind triathlete in our area, who runs with a guide, and bikes on a tandem with a guide... yes, everything is possible!

      Stay safe in YOUR crazy roller coaster weather, too! It's all over, in each of our own flavors.

      Delete
  3. BF requested the day off (rest day for me) so we slept in, made breakfast together, napped, it was nice…
    -RunKeeper Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds lovely... a holiday just for the two of you!

      Delete
  4. It's been really cold here too. The snow that fell before Christmas is still hanging around because of it. I hope you don't get the ice freeze.

    We decided to start taking some thing down. We're in the cleaning mode right now and will just keep going with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cleaning mode both precedes and follows those holidays, doesn't it? Stay safe out there in mountain country!

      Delete
  5. That could have been a picture out our window too, dark and rainy both yesterday and today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And once it got light, the fog became apparent. When I took that photo I thought of Sherlock Holmes illustrations... street lamps and damp streets!

      Delete
    2. Hubby thinks we got transported to England as this seems to be their weather. ;)

      Delete
  6. Yes, dark and wet here yesterday AND today. Predicted some snow overnight, but didn’t happen here. No complaints.

    Glad you were able to get your training session in!

    Here’s to a good Wednesday.

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete

Toys and their spaces

For every plaything, there is a "spot".  Ember has decided that cardboard tubes mommy gives her to chew to destruction should be p...