Thursday, January 12, 2023

Happy Thursday

 

He's at it again!  Now that he knows that little nest is there, The Prisoner hops into my recycle bin (the newsprint one) and starts to gnaw on the edges of the papers.  Silly Prisoner!  And Rubia of course has now discovered where he is hiding.

Speaking of The Prisoner, I got a little worried about him this morning, as he did not show up at the foot of the stairs when I came down!  Maybe it's because I filled the food dishes at bedtime and he didn't feel the need to remind me.

I looked in three or four usual places for him, but no gray striped tabby-cat!  So then I opened all the closed doors in the house to make sure he hadn't got trapped, even though I had not heard any "trapped cat" meows.  I knew he'd been in for the night.

So I went on about my business of the morning, including heading upstairs for something, taking a couple of trips up the stairs and back down.  And after the second such trip, suddenly, there he was, in the kitchen, milling about with Rubia as though to trip me.  Silly felines!  See, they do keep an older person entertained!  I accused him of being a "old man" and sleeping in.

I went to work out with the trainer, and let me say this gray and chilly day has been the "worst" weather of the week, so far.  Considering it's the middle of January, I'll take it.

I'm glad I made it this far into the week, but I'll be glad for the break of the weekend and some unscheduled time!  Friday morning is my dental appointment.  

On Monday I have my annual physical (a separate thing from the Medicare wellness thing, but at the same office).  This one the stethoscope comes out, and all that goes with it.  By then he'll have all the data from the bloodwork, and usually we have a nice conversation... I might ask him about the advisability of my training again for running a 5K later in the year.  I doubt he'd be against that.

Reading report:  I finished Fast. Feast. Repeat. by Gin Stephens.  I do recommend it to anyone who is interested in trying intermittent fasting.  It's less scientifically dense than The Leptin Diet.  I tried to read that one several years back and poohed out on it.  They cover some of the same ground.

That's about it from here today!  Remember to take the best care you can of that one and only body you've been issued in this life.  Hydrate.  Nourish.  Be active.  Remember to breathe.  And at the end of the day, recognize that whatever you did today, it was enough, and you deserve that good night's rest.

Life is good.  Spark on!

🔥✨💖

8 comments:

  1. Like a typical old man, perhaps he finished his paper and decided he needed a nap in some out of the way place. ;-)

    Cloudy and windy here today. Sunshine is promised for tomorrow.

    Have a pleasant evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those days when I had cats trying to find them. A good shake of the treats and they would come running out from their hiding spots.

    The snow is melting and we're back into the 50's again, but another storm is on the schedule next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoyed your dental appointment? I like a good cleaning and am glad I have few 'discoveries' at them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely dental visit, full x-rays, lots of chatter. No "surprises".

      I had my "Boston not to miss" list printed out for the dentist, who is headed there with two kids and a husband runner for the Marathon in April. I'm sending her to the Atlantic Fish Company for seafood, and to the public gardens and the swan boats as her kids are 5 and 8. She's going to check out "Make way for Ducklings" for the kids before they go.

      Delete
  4. Tigger always gets that look as if to say - what are you looking for? when she suddenly is sitting behind me after I looked everywhere for her. I believe it is a game they play with us and are very happy to play it.

    ReplyDelete

Toys and their spaces

For every plaything, there is a "spot".  Ember has decided that cardboard tubes mommy gives her to chew to destruction should be p...