Monday, December 12, 2022

A fresh new week

You can Google "Smart BMI Calculator".  This is different from the regular BMI calculator, and far more encouraging to us older folk.

Six weeks on the intermittent fasting protocol and I am back to where I was two years ago.  I don't look every day, but every so often a peek at it is a good thing.

Family update:

Lacey's parents are now on Paxlovid, and her dad was in touch with her Monday morning saying he was feeling a lot better. Her mom seemed to be sleeping well.  He was not going to disturb her rest.

Lacey herself, being younger, hadn't yet heard back from her doctor about possible anti-viral treatment.  She assesses herself as being hit hard, particularly in terms of fatigue.  The good news:  none of them have lost their sense of smell (at least so far) and I'm praying they don't lost that.  What a curse that would be, to not be able to smell and taste the things that we rely on those senses so much to enjoy.  Christmas things!

My son tested again before heading to work today.  Still negative.  Crossing my fingers for the optimal outcome, given where we are today.  I'd like to see us dodge this bullet, too, everybody be OK, and have a Christmas of some sort together.

Weather here:

A foggy morning on Monday.  Looks like we should have some rain!  Yay!  We need it.  Starting mid-week, we're headed back into the deep freeze, though.  Brrr!  

I got a nice walk in yesterday afternoon when it was in the high 40's F.  I was a bad little girl and took advantage of the construction zone being shut down for the weekend.  Walked past the "street closed" sign, through the muddy bits to cross the new footbridge and walk through the park.

See it looks deserted

It's going to be nice when finished

Back across the "no-no" zone at end
I was not the only one out and about, as in Winter time, we all celebrate the unseasonably warm days!

On Monday I opted for a phone call to my older sister to play catch-up while she prepped her offering to take to the Iris club pot luck.  I paced in the house, getting my steps in without getting wet (which I surely would have been had I gone outside to walk).  The cats have both been in and out, coming back in damp each time.

Schmaltzy Christmas movie for today

It has taken three tries, but I finally feel like I have all the pieces of "Love, Actually" put together.  I had started to watch it a couple of times since Thanksgiving, only to be interrupted by phone calls (or maybe by nodding off or just being distracted).  But this morning I gave it another shot and figured it out.  It is, in fact, a delightful film, and I think it's going to be added to my holiday list.  Part of its charm is when it was produced.  It was put out in 2003, two years after the attack on the World Trade Center, and it was an upbeat film, on the theme of Love, of course!

In any case, on that positive note, my usual wishes for those reading along, to take care of that one and only body each of us has been issued for life.  Hydrate, nourish, exercise (body and mind), breathe, and rest... all the things your mother encouraged for your well-being are still of value today.  May you have a good and healthy day, week, and month ahead!

Life is good.  Spark on!

🔥🕯🎄✨💖

8 comments:

  1. You are such a rebel!! You are also a saint. The 'wait and see" game taxes my patience to the max. Hope everyone is hale and hearty by next week's end.
    Your IF has earned you some positive results Woohoo!!
    In the past couple of weeks, there have been many discussions about "Love Actually". Even Paula mentioned it in her movie blog. Anyway...I stumbled across it in the online channel guide and now have the DVR set to record it.
    All steps count, no matter how or where you get them.
    Happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Monday! Yes, I think it was Paula mentioning it as a Christmas movie that pushed me over the edge to watch it.

      Yes, the IF has given me a fresh take on discipline around food, and I'm seeing numbers on the scale now that I hadn't for over a year. More importantly, I feel better. That's the real goal, isn't it?

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad that your son is negative so far. Hopefully the medication with help the rest of them and they will get through it.

    I'm so glad you watched "Love Actually". I love that movie! I like how it has different stories, but in the end they tie in together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have decided it's going to become a favorite of mine, too. That combination of different stories is what made it hard to get through with interruptions, though! But it has so much uplifting music throughout!

      Delete
  3. I haven't watched that movie yet and shall put it on my 'to watch' list, thank you. Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone. Huge Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Sometimes the blessing is in the timing. "Get it out of the way before Christmas!"

      Delete
  4. Glad that the intermittent fasting is working for you!

    Glad that Lacey’s parents seem to be on the upswing. DS and DIL have Covid. Awaiting a script for Paxlovid. HOPEFULLY they can get it today. This is DS’s 2nd go-round w/Covid. DANG! Ready to be rid of this virus.

    The latest variants don’t seem to be obliterating taste and smell. Lots of respiratory and fatigue issues.

    Glad that your DS is negative.

    Glad you enjoyed Love Actually. Waiting to see that.

    Here’s to a happy, HEALTHY Tuesday.

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    PS Healthy vibes to Lacey and her parents and your DS, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lacey reported Tuesday morning that her fever had broken, and she's down to congestion and an unreliable voice, and feeling MUCH better. This without the antiviral, as her doctor deemed it as not being needed unless her symptoms would worsen, of course. She's young and healthy.

      Thanks for the healthy vibes. Knock wood son is still without any symptoms, with those negative tests to back it up.

      Delete

Toys and their spaces

For every plaything, there is a "spot".  Ember has decided that cardboard tubes mommy gives her to chew to destruction should be p...