Wednesday, December 7, 2022

The CDs back in box and Link to recipe

They are not in order, though, and the box's hinges are snapped.  Two CD's ended up in the trash, the rest are contained for now.


Monday did settle down after that beginning CRASH and recovery.  I had a check to deposit (jury duty stipend) and decided to walk to the bank to do so.  While I was gone, a delivery was made to my house.  It wasn't quite what I thought I had ordered, and it made me go back and look at the original order.  Sure enough, in black and white, it matched what was delivered.  Be more careful, check your cart for quantity, Barb!  

I decided not to return the extra item, it's gone into the Community Free Market box.  Somebody will no doubt be able to use it.

Tuesday morning was the regular trainer workout.  In the afternoon I trekked over to the grocery store to pick up a few things to allow for two baking events.  I want to take the oatmeal scotchies to both, and that meant another package of butterscotch chips.  And they had a special on pork, which I seldom but sometimes consume.  I am shopping more specials these days, like everyone.

It dawned on me yesterday that the reason I have such problems with the lighting pattern on my "pre-lit" tree is at least in part because it's 20 years old.  Maybe it's time for this tree to retire!  I retired the previous tree the year I divorced.  It had been my tree since my first apartment, and survived most of my son's growing up years.  The past 20 years have slipped right on by.

And now it is Wednesday.  Candles and Christmas music start the day again.  I decided that I have too many things on my Christmas to-do list.  Need to re-prioritize.

One plan for today is to start the cheese puffs, because I can prepare the dough and freeze them before baking them on the day they are needed.  I have ingredients on hand.  I will attempt to take photos as I go, so when I finally post the recipe it will have them.  Does not have to be today, I remind myself.

BUT, it turned out to be today.  I thought I had taken photos last year when I made them, and sure enough, I did.  I even wrote the blog with the recipe and directions.  Here you go, link to the original:  Christmas Eve Day 2021

Today I made a smaller batch, with only 8 oz. of cheese, 2 T unsalted butter, 1/2 cup flour sifted with 1/4 tsp cayenne.  Yielded 18 puffs, which are now sitting in their container in my freezer.  Come Christmas Day I will thaw and bake them.  A smaller batch is perfect for the gather with only 5 guests.

Next on the plan would be to figure out how to package the gifts for Christmas and start in on the wrapping.  I think all but one have arrived.  Do I have enough wrapping paper?  If not, that could delay the actual wrapping completion.

The weatherman is telling us that we have the potential of freezing drizzle tomorrow morning.  I don't drive on that stuff!

Here's hoping a healthy mid-week for all!

Remember to hydrate.  Nourish your immune system.  Get your active on!  And at the end of the day, rest in the knowledge that whatever you were able to do today, it was enough!

Life is Good.  Spark on! 

πŸŽ„πŸŒ²πŸ”₯πŸ’–✨

15 comments:

  1. Well, I hope you get to your baking! I plan to do some, too. My DS, DD and DH have all expressed their desires -- cookie wise -- so I will make each of them a batch of their favorites.

    Yes, sometimes things outlive their usefulness. There certainly is a plethora of trees to choose from today!

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel guilty sending it to the landfill. Will have to research whether artificial trees can be recycled!

      Delete
  2. Possible replacement for the vintage holder should you be so inclined:

    Walmart online
    Atlantic Inc
    Atlantic 80 Disc Plastic Storage Manager with Pull-Out Disc Menu in Black
    (4.7)
    4.7 stars out of 66 reviews
    66 reviews
    $19.99

    ReplyDelete
  3. My weather app hasn’t been as reliable as it has been in the past. It’s been raining and no word of rain on the app; puts a hamper on planning my outdoor walk. I like it cold out, but definitely not rainy or wet. Dont need to accumulate a pound of mud on the shoes turning a walk into strength training πŸ˜•
    -RunKeeper Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But if your part of the country is anything like ours, the rain is needed? We're due to get freezing drizzle up to a trace of snow tomorrow, and I do hope we get it... 'cause we are so dry here! However, I do get it about the mud!

      Delete
    2. Yes, we definitely need the rain. We’re on year 3 of a drought. Which means year 4 is an El NiΓ±o year, but the way the weather has been changing🀷🏻‍♀️ not sure what to expect. The farmers out here have definitely taken a huge hit.

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the holiday baking. The cheese puffs photo from the other day looked so good, I searched Google for a recipe. I'm absolutely certain that your recipe will be much healthier. On Monday's grocery run, I bought what I think are the correct ingredients. I've discovered the hard way that internet recipes can be quite different from what "real" people use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they turn out well for you, too. The cayenne gives them that extra zip!

      Delete
  5. Hmm, that cheese puff sounds tempting.
    A new twist this year is gluten free for DD1, sooo, she won't be baking Christmas cookies. I've offered to keep the g-kids happy and bake here. I also found a few gluten free cookies so once I clean, real good, I'll make some for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the gluten free universe, I guess. My older sister stays mostly gluten free, even had one of those blood tests (several years back) to get her lists of "safe", "watch it" and "avoid like the plague" foods. Try a holiday meal with gluten free AND diabetic guests on the list... yeah, as we get older and have more of these diagnoses among our peers (or selves), the classic holiday meal changes!

      Delete
  6. Okay the cheese puffs sounds yummy! Just the name alone makes me wants some.

    Our pre-lit tree stopped working last year. We took the lights off and that was a job, but the tree is still good. We put new lights on them.

    I think we'll do some baking next weekend. We have to go shopping to get stuff first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am impressed with your re-lighting project! I have been accumulating ingredients as my closest grocery store had been putting them on sale, a few a week, for the past month and a half. So I'm all set, even if the weather socks me in, to do my Christmas food prep. Depending on what happens with the freezing drizzle predicted and my trainer session today, I might put the dough together for the French vanilla wafers and tuck it in the 'fridge for later rollout and baking.

      Delete
  7. Yup, I am pretty sure that your tree has given it's all and it is time for it to retire and a new one to come in. Although we are the same way, our last tree was about 30 years old when we finally let it go and got a new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have the skill set to rewire it, for sure, so, time to let it go. I may not replace it just yet, though. I do have a tiny ceramic tree, and if I do get another artificial tree it might be a three footer. I'll give myself the year to think it over.

      Delete

Work in progress

 The woodpecker situation, work in progress At this point in the process, Jeremy the handyman had removed three smallish pieces of the sidin...