Wednesday, December 14, 2022

The stockings were worn by the Husker, with care...

 

Remember "Giving Tuesday" a couple of weeks ago?  Well, one of the causes I give to is my alumni association, and every year for Giving Tuesday if you give a certain amount, they send you a pair of socks.  I rather like this year's design!  It's classic.

It's also a different fabric from last year's, and one I like better for my socks!  At least if they are not actually running socks.  I love the Feetures and Balega running socks the best.  But for socks that are just themed?  Give me cotton or wool.


This was last year's pair.  It's more of a "dress socks" feel.

Which do y'all prefer?

Day by day, the family health report:

Continued improvement is the bottom line.  

Son is still asymptomatic, still has not tested since the negative test on Monday.  He headed off to work again today, masked.  Crossing fingers for him.  

If you were to ask Carl (the dog), the biggest victim of this entire scenario is he.  After all, his pack are isolating from one another, he missed several outings, and his routine has been completely disrupted.  Lacey said she was able to take him for a walk this morning, in the neighborhood.  Her first time being well enough to do so.

All the birds are fine.  Ollie, the lineated parakeet that lives with her parents is responding by burrowing into his blanket fort.  The cockatiels who live with the kids, totally chill, not noticing disruption at all.

Shorter than usual Wednesday walk:

Ace did not text ahead so arrived ringing the doorbell, and I scurried about turning off the TV and computer to get ready for our walk.  She was in need of walking off some mood, and being her, wanted to walk in her pretty boots.  These boots are made for walking, and that's just what we did!  She said they made her feel powerful.  Sounds good to me.

In any case, it was cold and windy; we are now back into "seasonal" temperatures.  We walked a shorter route, about 2/3 of a mile.  

Here's hoping you're finding ways to be safely active as the weather changes, too.

Life is good.  Spark on!

🔥💖✨🎄

16 comments:

  1. So glad that your son is still negative and fingers crossed it passes him. Oh poor Carl! That has to be sad and confusing when a dog's routine is interrupted.

    It's cold here too. Winter is here even if it's a little early.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Winter is early... these seem like January temperatures... sort of. There's a part of me that remembers the January in the early 1970's when we didn't see zero from below for our lows. Brrrr! Don't care to have that kind of winter again.

      Stay safe, warm and dry!

      Delete
  2. Both pairs of socks are attractive. Last year's pair look like argyle, this year's are cheer leader appropriate. I would be hard pressed to choose one over the other.

    Good news about DS. Hope he continues to stay well.

    I'm kinda surprised you didn't get drafted for dog sitting during sick days.

    Be safe Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid Carl is too good a weighted heating pad to give up if you're not feeling well, right? And then of course there is the whole "isolation protocol" making it hard to effect the transfer of the canine. I think he's a comfort to them!

      Delete
  3. I agree, there's nothing a good as a bog dog snuggle when you don't feel well. They ask so little and give so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love both pairs of socks! They are really sharp. Good news about DS and I do hope it stays that way for him and that all are well soon. We are having freezing rain here today so it sure is a stay at home day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the hopes & good wishes... I'm trying to "manage my expectations" as far as the holidays are concerned, as health is the primary wish!

      Stay safe, warm and dry, my friend!

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear that Lacey feels well enough to walk Carl and that DS is unscathed, so far!! I think I like your “this” years socks the best…although I 100% agree with you on Feetures!! That is the only sock I wear on my morning 4-5 mile walks and my feet feel wonderful!
    I am fortunate to have a small group of like minded early AM walkers, generally decent FL weather, and a wonderful park nearby! Like your running, activities that I was able to do even a year ago are no longer an option. So, we do what we can with what we got…right?! Stay healthy, Barb! Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! And we're grateful for what we've got and what we can do! I love the "Florida running season" which pretty much coincides with lousy running weather where I live. Enjoy!

      Delete
  6. Cooler weather has finally reached us here in Central TX with a 35F morning and expected high of 56F after hovering in the 70's & 80's.

    I like both pairs of socks but if I had to pick one, it would be this year's.

    Improvement for afflicted family good news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are both nice, but it's been interesting to see the preferences of others.

      I am officially jealous of your temperatures while our high is about what you low was today. Of course, this varies with the time of year, and in the end, we live with what we're given, eh?

      Hope you have a pleasant Thursday!

      Delete
  7. I like the “dress socks” 🤭
    -RunKeeper Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad. They are rather cheery, too, especially for a festive evening!

      Delete
  8. Like your dress sock! CUTE pattern.

    Glad that Lacey was able to get Carl for a walk today. SURE sign of improving. And glad that DS is still asymptomatic.

    My DS and Crystal are feeling better, too, but tired. To be expected w/this virus.

    That's good that you and your sis could take a walk to improve her mood. Always works to be out in the elements!

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree: being out in the elements helps us all, mentally. Moving the body helps us, too. Glad your family is recuperating, too. Lacey told me today that she "overdid it" on Wednesday, so would try to pace herself better on Thursday.

      Stay safe and warm!

      Delete

Toys and their spaces

For every plaything, there is a "spot".  Ember has decided that cardboard tubes mommy gives her to chew to destruction should be p...