Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Five days to White Christmas

 

The first measurable snowfall of the season came on Monday.  It was the smallest amount that they count, a tenth of an inch, out at our airport.  But it's pretty to see the white outside the window with the glow of tree lights in the foreground!

I went out in the cold to work out with the trainer, as is usual for a Tuesday morning.  Thinking about the forecast, I decided I'm going to opt out of Thursday's workout, though.  The high is predicted to be below zero, with blowing snow and possibly blizzard conditions (the snow is coming overnight Wednesday).  So we decided just better to have it planned... not have a decision to make at the last minute.

But seriously, the temperatures are going to be low enough that whatever snow falls on Wednesday will still be around on Sunday, making our Christmas white. It's bright and sunny out now, you would not be able to tell what's in the offing without those weathermen!  At this point, the predictions vary between 4 and 6 inches of the white stuff.  

But it's the frigid cold and the wind that are driving me to the decision to hide out and not go out on the roads.  I figure I can get enough of a workout shoveling that stuff!

But this storm will blow in and blow out, and I anticipate driving across town for Christmas dinner with the kids and her parents will work out just fine.  I have two more packages to wrap.  There will be a flurry of baking on Saturday and Sunday before I head over.  

This afternoon's cartoon-y Christmas choice on the TV is Santa Claus is Comin' To Town, the animated one narrated by Fred Astaire.  

Life is good.  Spark on!

💖🎄🕯🔥✨

14 comments:

  1. Awww, we're getting rain for Thursday and Friday then the deep freeze will have us pouring warm water on the card door handles to get in!

    Lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Christmas for the books, for sure. Be safe out there!

      Delete
  2. I did NOT ask Santa for a white Christmas. I guess all the ones I ask for as kid and didn't get, are arriving altogether this year.
    Bah! Humbug!

    If the plans for the family Christmas are still in the works, I take it DS continues to test negative. Now that's a Christmas present to celebrate!! Stay safe and warm in the storm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he did re-test, four tests in all, over the course of Lacey's 10 days of masking. Continued negative and symptom free. Lacey gets out of her mask after tomorrow, which also happens to be her birthday. Happy Birthday, young lady!

      You too, stay safe and warm as this storm blows your way after ours!

      Delete
  3. The cable box was acting up, turning it off and on again it ends up on Ch 1; the weather lady was on. It had a temp of 81°F for Christmas Day. I’m pretty sure my voice went up a few octaves when I asked (bf) Whose weather is THAT for?!! Unbelievable, really.
    -RunKeeper Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's not here, that's for sure. However, Christmas day is the warmest of the next six in the forecast. Going to get all the way up to 26*F ⛄ Frosty would be safe!

      Delete
  4. Yep, we're going to get hit with the freezing cold in another day. We went out and got everything we need for Christmas Eve and Christmas day dinner because we're staying in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like your plan and mine are the same! We're not supposed to get the snow 'til afternoon, possibly a freezing drizzle layer first. Ugh! Snow is not nearly as concerning as ice!

      Delete
  5. No snow in the forecast for this coming weekend in central FL…BUT temps are predicted to be in the 40’s!! Yikes, in the 15 years that I’ve lived here, I don’t remember a blast of cold like that! Now, a white Christmas sounds pretty…as long as your roads are cleared…so glad that all Covid patients have recovered to allow you to celebrate together. Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My own observation of Florida cold is that it is colder than the Northern cold. I have frozen every time I've gone to Florida! And the ambient temperature was only under freezing ONCE when I was there. It was under freezing in February of 2015. I remember it distinctly, as my young cousin wanted to head out at sunrise to catch the photo op of strawberries encased in ice!

      Stay warm down there!

      Delete
  6. Santa Claus is coming to town is one of my most favourite! Pretty cold here and we just might have a white Christmas, my grandfather use to say green Christmas = white Easter and opposite as well, he use to be right most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had not heard that Christmas-Easter saying before... let's see how it works out this year! We shall have a White Christmas... would LOVE to have a green Easter!

      Delete
  7. Yes, changing plans based on the weather here, too. Supposed to be blizzard conditions here, too Thursday through Saturday. Prepared (or as prepared as one can be). Got all that I needed yesterday, and guess whatever I don’t have I won’t need! LOL

    Stay safe!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the philosophy... whatever I don't have I won't need (or I'll do without)!

      Delete

Toys and their spaces

For every plaything, there is a "spot".  Ember has decided that cardboard tubes mommy gives her to chew to destruction should be p...