Thursday, December 8, 2022

The first slick road warning of the season

 

One of the photos from Wednesday cheese puff prep

The friend that invited me to the basketball game this coming Saturday and I have decided to wait and catch an afternoon game later in the season.  Between rising Covid levels in town and the "triple-demic" they keep talking about, we just don't want to risk going out in a big crowd, especially right near when we'll be with loved ones who have higher risk profiles than ourselves, even.

Her mom's in a care home now, and I'll be attending a family gather at another care home on the 18th.  Better safe than sorry.  Save the risk exposure for the visits that matter most.

We are under a Winter Weather advisory today (Thursday) due to the possibility of slick roads.  But we got lucky.  The precipitation dragged its feet and I got safely to and from my workout with the trainer.  I'm glad.  I miss it when I don't get my workout.  Home, shower, and lunch... feeling well-fed and lazy at this point.

I just ordered a gift from me to me.  What did I order?  I succumbed to an ad for warm gloves.  Sometimes I do this to test out a product.  Two years ago I bought socks for myself, then last year, having been satisfied with the product, bought the same brand for others.  I'm thinking a bit of the same about these gloves.  

I found the 2 Blind Brothers website last year, too.  I shopped Blind with them then, and am doing it again this year.  What's fun about their packages is that it's always high quality, and then I have to figure out how to distribute the multiple items across my Christmas list.  But you never know in advance what they will send you.  

Last year they sent a beautiful soft Afghan blanket and a warm beanie cap.  Those went to the young couple.  This year I ordered an even bigger "blind" box.  Time to stop with succumbing to the ads, for this year, anyway!  The budget cap has been reached.

Here's hoping that all who browse through the blogs are having a good December, taking care of your health, physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.

Life is Good.  Spark on!

🌲🎄🔔🔥💖✨

12 comments:

  1. So true on the upticks. My niece, who got married last year( you know...the one on the cliff!) is here in NJ to finally have us meet her husband and father of her nugget due in March. Once postponed, the party is at a winery with indoor and outdoor set-up and also the caveat that it's a good idea to stay away if you're sick. Well, my DD1's family backed out as later did DD2s 2. Everyone has succumbed to whatever I had that lasted almost 3 weeks. My honey and I are fine and will test before we go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully we've learned a thing or two over the past couple of years. Being careful about mixing with folks when we're sick is one of them! I'm still masking, and noticing more especially of my own generation starting to do so again, now that chilly weather has invaded our part of the country. Choose your risks!

      Delete
  2. With the triple threats on the rise, better safe than sorry is probably the better choice. Glad you made the trip to the trainer safely.
    I went to the Two Blind Brothers website a couple of times last year, but couldn't convince myself to order. Now, with your recommendation, I think I'm going to give it a try. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope you love their choices as much as I did. I noticed that what they shipped me this year was in part influenced (I believe) by what things I had looked at on their site over the course of the year (I went out but did not buy until Christmas gifting season). Fingers crossed for you, too!

      Delete
  3. Yes, its better to be safe/ We still wear our masks when we go to places.

    We're not getting the snow, but we have some serious winds going on. Our temps have dropped to the 30's.

    Warm gloves are just a must now. I might have to check those out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have ordered SO MANY pairs of gloves, some wins some disappointments over the years. If I like these I'll let you know the brand. I suffer from Reynaud's syndrome, so warm gloves are extra important for me, and not all of what they advertise works for me when my circulation goes nuts.

      Happy Friday to you and your mom!

      Delete
  4. Us too, we visit my mom in a home and therefore have had boosters and flu shots as well as mask in busy places. Just a smart thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smart and considerate, too. Worth a little social "awkwardness", but seriously, around here, most folks are fine with the fact that more of us mask now and then, as long as we don't force THEM to do so.

      Delete
  5. Those cheese puffs look highly edible, Barb!

    Yes, it's that time of the year when you really, really have to pick and choose your exposure. **SIGH** High RSV, Flu and Covid #'s here, too. Staying put.

    Good luck w/this years Blind Box!

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  6. This week our high temps have been in the 80's here in Central Texas. My sister and brother-in-law hosting our extended family gathering this year live in a small home on 100+ acres and are hoping we can spend our visit outdoors (12/18). We bring gifts for family 18 years and younger. Cash will be ours to the great nieces, 15, 10 & 3, and great nephew, 9. The twenty+ adults can contribute to a voluntary money collection container. Each is welcome to make a recommendation, then we vote to decide which to do.

    Baking and fudge-making on for this weekend for gift baskets for the yard guy and mobile dog groomer. Both have expressed their appreciation for sugary homemade treats (neither has a weight issue).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a wonderful collection of traditions and modern adaptations. May you all be blessed in your celebrations!

      Delete

Toys and their spaces

For every plaything, there is a "spot".  Ember has decided that cardboard tubes mommy gives her to chew to destruction should be p...