Thursday, December 15, 2022

Ten days to Christmas!

Two lap-warmers... one live, one microwavable.  Rubia likes the cracked corn bag when I have heated it up, too.

It's cloudy and chilly out there today.  But not slick, so, off to the trainer I went.  I shopped the closet again for my workout clothing, but I did not take a photo.  I wore my "Last Run - First Run" quarter-zip long-sleeved top, and the other pair of Impact Fitness running pants.

I nattered on to the trainer about thoughts of running "something" in 2023.  Yes, that's where my mind goes when I've had a little success in the kitchen side of taking care of me.  The scale has begun tipping below the point where I won't let myself even do interval training... and all the half marathons and 10K's I've ever participated in have been filling my e-mail with their tempting offers to sign up for 2023 events.  

So far, I have not done so... but when the one for the Wineglass Half Marathon hit the in-box... I was sorely tempted.  That was the last race that Kevin and I did together.  He ran his personal best marathon distance there, in 2018.  I finished the half marathon, certainly far from my own best, but I did it.  No, I did not jump over to their website to sign up!

The trainer was giving out surplus athletic bags as Christmas gifts.  He joked that the text on it saying "fight club" should keep anybody from messing with me.  They are leftover promotional material from a boxing class that I believe his wife used to lead.

Given that my other bag was getting to the falling apart stage, this one will now be my regular bag for working out with him.

After I came home I saw that the government was reopening the website to order at home Covid Test kits "for free", so I submitted an order.  I do have some left.  I anticipate I will use at least one of those for the Christmas gather, so this is kind of "just in time" for any needs over the Winter.

Extended Family health continues to improve

Lacey and her folks continue to improve apace.  I asked after her grandma this morning, and Lacey reported grandma has mild symptoms, so they are looking at getting Paxlovid for her, too.  The son still has no symptoms, and continues to go to work in his mask, while Lacey works remote.  Remote work is a blessing in times like this!

Hope we are all doing our best to take care of our health and fitness on this, the one and  only Thursday, December 15, 2023 we will ever get!

Life is Good.  Spark on!

🎄🕯✨💖🔥

10 comments:

  1. Kitties like those warm places. They seem to find the warmest locations for nap time. Nice bag. This morning, I read about the government issue of free Covid tests again. Predictions of another nationwide, severe outbreak is scary. Good news about the soon to be family additions. Maybe the Christmas gathering will happen after all.
    Stay safe. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers and toes crossed for Christmas to happen. Son informs me he already bought the ham. And as of this evening when he called, still healthy! He will re-test on Saturday if he's still asymptomatic. He says it's challenging trying to not catch Covid in his own home.

      Delete
  2. Nice to daydream about running a half-marathon…that’d really be another awesome accomplishment … I know that you were tempted!
    Marathon or not, I think it’s great that you work with a trainer!! Love the pics of Rubia and your cool new athletic bag! Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in no way in shape to cover 13.1 miles at the moment. My goal for 2023 is more modest. I hope to do a 5K or a 10K, only. I've been with this trainer for five years now.

      Delete
  3. Turns out for me that I don't need to have any tests at home because I get tested at the nursing home before I visit mom. Twice a week every week. Which is really handy. Nice new bag you got, I like the Tiger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so convenient that you get tested regularly! I don't have anywhere I go that does this, so the at-home tests are good for me and others like me.

      I like that Tiger, too. I have two t-shirts and a sweatshirt with his logo on them as well.

      Delete
  4. I ordered my tests as soon as I saw the opening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May as well have them on hand. This stuff is not going away for a while.

      Delete
  5. I keep getting e-mails for races next year, too. I see the Subject line and delete them. I don’t need the temptation. I’ve hardly been out walking, I’m definitely not ready to run; or jog!
    -RunKeeper Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done that a bit, too... toss without reading. However, I've been feeling so good, I'm tempted to try some short intervals. Maybe a 5K in the Spring, if I work up to it slowly? Hope springs eternal, even in this 70 year old breast!

      Delete

Work in progress

 The woodpecker situation, work in progress At this point in the process, Jeremy the handyman had removed three smallish pieces of the sidin...