Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Shopping the closet

 

Workout outfit of the day.  Why did I take a picture?  Because I fit into those pants!  They are an Impact Fitness Wear size small.  The first time I fit into those pants, my niece (who ran the company) had to talk me into ordering a "small".  She swore they would fit me.  I was shocked when they did!

Today I was looking in my closet for long sleeves and found the Wineglass half marathon quarter zip.  I don't remember ever wearing it before, certainly not recently, but I earned it in 2018.

I looked at the label... it was a medium.  OK, I can fit a medium tech shirt.  So on it went.  But it doesn't "go with" any of my leggings, which are patterned.  Then I remembered the long running pants.  "I wonder..."  

I pulled the storage box out from under the bed, and was as astonished that they fit as I was the first time.  Onward!

Family health updates:

I chatted online with Lacey this morning, checking on how she's feeling.  Better, not fully well yet.  Still has some congestion, but the fever is gone. Voice is not good at this point, so she's not a fan of phone calls just now.  Her doctor did not prescribe antiviral for her, as she is younger and healthy otherwise.  Given that she is feeling better, this may have been a great call.

Her parents are feeling better, too.  They have the benefit of the antiviral drug.  But better, and that's also good news.

My son is not experiencing symptoms.  He has not re-tested since Monday.  He is masking at work, and intends to continue to do so for the full 10 days of Lacey's recovery.  His workplace moved a staff meeting today to online.  Several of the employees are ill (not necessarily with Covid, but ill).

Lacey's grandmother tested because of the positive results among others who had visited with her over the weekend.  It came up positive, but she has no symptoms.  She lives in a care facility, so they have a whole isolation protocol for her.  The gathering for the 18th is definitely "off".  Maybe some time in January once everybody is healthy again they will have a belated Christmas family gather.  

Since I haven't seen any of the bubble in person since Thanksgiving, I'm not endangering anyone at this point by continuing my usual outings.  I headed over to see the trainer Tuesday morning, as scheduled.

The sun breaks through

Between two and three in the afternoon, the clouds lifted and the sun came out.  It was about 50℉ when I walked down to get the mail from the box.

The weather / mother nature just can't make up its / her mind!  I know it's still officially autumn, but, gee, there's a big ol' blizzard just a hundred and fifty miles to our West, and in another week or so, we shall see the shortest daylight of the year.  

They tell us that tomorrow we'll see more seasonal temperatures, and if there's any wet left on the streets before that happens, it will likely be slick out there!



Here's hoping all are well (or getting there) and taking the best care we can of our health, this one and only Tuesday, December 13, 2022 we will ever get!

Life is good.  Spark on!

🔥🌲🎄💖✨

18 comments:

  1. You look great!

    A rescheduled party may be just the ticket after all the ick is done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had not yet met most of the guests planned, so with Lacey not feeling like putting folks at risk when she was still in her masking period, and her folks, too, even had they been having it I would have demurred. Delay, not deprive seems like a good plan. Leave everyone with some hope for when healthy again!

      Delete
    2. I do have to 'gloat' on a personal note. My clothes have continued to fit the same for the past 10 years. I'll take it!

      Delete
    3. Sounds like a "win" for maintenance! These pants *may* have fit all along but I'll never know. When I stopped running outdoors in the Winter, I stuck them under the bed and forgot about them! Athletic wear can be very forgiving!

      Delete
  2. You look awesome. Big payoff for the IF!! It's always special when you can shop your own closet.

    It's sad that you have to cancel the holiday get together. It's great news that DS continues to be well and symptom free.

    Rain here all day. The sun has been MIA for about a week now, but is supposed to return tomorrow.

    Be safe. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't really been running in the cold weather, and of course since retiring both from the workplace and from running on the regular, I tended to forget they were even there! Glad to have them for a Winter workout wear option, to be honest.

      I haven't had a morning checkin from "the kids" yet today, got my fingers and toes crossed.

      Oh, I do hope you get some sunshine. It changes the attitude to have that, even when it's cold out.

      Delete
  3. Looking good there!

    So glad that they're doing better. I'm so sorry that you all can't do the holidays together, but you'll be able to get together in no time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, time does fly these days. Since I worked on holidays a lot when I was young, celebrations are not tied to specific dates. I don't know if that is true for everyone, but it was in our family. I've kind of already been celebrating Christmas since the beginning of November, but ... sigh ... it would have been nice.

      Delete
  4. It is only considered autumn because people said so, older days the longest night was called Mid-winter as in middle of winter. Winter began on November 1st after the last harvestfest. Same of the longest day being Mid-Summer not the first day. It is cold out so I say it is winter period, snow = winter. LOL. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those sound like the seasons of my youth's weather. But lately? Who can figure!? Besides, you get Canadian snow. We get Nebraska cold with drought! Although I hear the Western part of the state got a bit yesterday (16 inches in Chadron!)

      Delete
    2. Hubby keeps saying that the weather is off by about a month. December weather arrives January etc. Today is freezing rain, which I could really do without. I love snow but not ice.

      Delete
    3. I agree about the weather being off by a month or so. However, it keeps changing the direction of that month offset! Sometimes it's the month before, sometimes the month after! No wonder we're confused!

      I'm with you about ice! I would far rather have snow in the cold months than rain.

      Delete
  5. Wow…Impressive that you can wear a small in the workout pants department and a medium shirt!! Nice work… You are looking fit!
    Glad Son remains OK and everyone else is improving with their Covid
    Symptoms…and that you were NOT part of the group! Have a safe, happy, and healthy Wednesday! Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm just glad I don't have to purchase new pants! LOL. I do prefer "looking fit", too. Clearly still have some work to do, but mostly, I am rejoicing in how good I feel! Yes, I still have some of the ol' creaks when I get up in the morning, but I don't have the heartburn at bedtime or overnight. And this has not been a huge effort or a difficult thing. I think I just have been READY to make this particular "return to sanity".

      May you live your best and healthiest Wednesday, too!

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the victories on the closet shopping. Feels good, doesn’t it!

    Glad that Lacey is feeling like she’s getting better. And glad that DS is asymptomatic.

    Awwww, and sorry to hear that her Grandma tested positive. It’s tough being in a care facility.

    Our weather has been sunless for a week now and expecting snow/sleet/rain all day today and into tomorrow. Some areas north of us will get up to 5 in. of snow. BOOOOoo. We’re close to Lake Michigan, so our forecast is for 1-3 in. And then we have temps that dip into real winter cold – highs in the low 20’s or even high teens

    Text from DS and wife yesterday indicated they’re both feeling better. So, that’s a good thing.

    Love the picture, Barb! Looking good.

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad your son and DIL are feeling better! Haven't heard from Lacey or her folks or my son so far today, and no online presence detected, so I'm lifting and extra prayer that they are resting and recuperating (except for the son, hope he's unworried and at work). But that's with no evidence. From folks I have know who dealt with Covid it's a better-then worse-then better again kind of recovery. Or at least it was for the others.

      Cloudy and cold here today. Anticipated to remain dry, while the Western 2/3 of the state continue to be pummeled with snow. I need to drive over and pick up a prescription while the weather luck holds.

      Have a calm and positive Wednesday!

      Delete
  7. Looking good!

    Our family gathering on the 18th is beginning to get shakey from a couple of the households. We are in contact with sister & brother-in-law hosting and time will tell how it plays out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if the pandemic has taught us anything it is to "roll with the punches". Plans A - Z switched out as needed! Good luck with the family plans.

      Delete

Toys and their spaces

For every plaything, there is a "spot".  Ember has decided that cardboard tubes mommy gives her to chew to destruction should be p...